Show STOPPER

·
Registered
851 Posts
And the show stopper
A 911 rear strip light for under $6.00 delivered and fitted
BEFORE LIGHT ON
Show STOPPER
OK, I'll bite. What's the story on the red strip tail light?

·
Registered
57 Posts
I like the new generation of 911 rear led strip lights so i thought i would make my own, I’m almost certain that these led strip lights will filter down as standard fitment on the new gen 718

So i thought i would have the first :geek:

$6 to make an hour to fit, factory look and finish as well !

Cheers Andrew

·
Registered
421 Posts
Sunday I strip washed, iron-x’d, clayed, and polished with some rupes DA’s with sonax perfect finish.

Thursday I had the front PPF’d with suntek ultra.

Today I installed the raceseng paddle extensions.
I've been thinking of adding the paddle extensions. Now that you've had a few days with them, what are your thoughts and can they be cumbersome? Thank you!

·
Registered
57 Posts
Hi Tree magnet
the paddle extensions work very well, I’ve not had any problems with them being cumbersome, they are particularly useful when driving spirited in the twisties.

cheers Andrew

·
Registered
421 Posts
Hi Tree magnet
the paddle extensions work very well, I’ve not had any problems with them being cumbersome, they are particularly useful when driving spirited in the twisties.

cheers Andrew
Exactly the impression I had hoped to hear...thanks!

·
Registered
270 Posts
Paddles on their way, more please Andrew on the LED strip ;)
Source, fitting, thank you, looks 👍

is it linked to the high level brake light on the boot lid and why are they not both on at same time anyway?

I like the new generation of 911 rear led strip lights so i thought i would make my own, I’m almost certain that these led strip lights will filter down as standard fitment on the new gen 718

View attachment 27600

So i thought i would have the first :geek:

$6 to make an hour to fit, factory look and finish as well !

Cheers Andrew
Update week 3
this week i fitted a Carbon steering wheel with red marker
i fitted the MC2 front 911 spoiler conversion
And the show stopper
A 911 rear strip light for under $6.00 delivered and fitted
View attachment 27593

Carbon wheel Nice

View attachment 27594

MC2 911 Spoiler

View attachment 27595

BEFORE LIGHT ON

Show STOPPER

View attachment 27596

View attachment 27598

·
Registered
57 Posts
Hi grasmere
I wired into the side light circuit, you can choose which ever you want after all I designed and built it :unsure::oops:

cheers

·
Registered
827 Posts

·
Registered
270 Posts
Hi grasmere
I wired into the side light circuit, you can choose which ever you want after all I designed and built it :unsure::oops:

cheers
Cheers Andrew, it does look good and oem, where can I get the same strip please?

·
Registered
57 Posts
Hi Grasmere,
i will do i write up when i get five at the office tomorrow , its really Easy a bit of pulling glueing and soldering is all that’s required.
Cheers

·
Registered
653 Posts
I changed out the mesh windscreen for one I picked up on eBay. The emblem is etched. Unfortunately the lettering isn't. But I do like the better rear visibility the Lexan provides vs the black mesh.

I changed out the mesh windscreen for one I picked up on eBay. The emblem is etched. Unfortunately the lettering isn't. But I do like the better rear visibility the Lexan provides vs the black mesh.

Totally off topic, but I would love to see you pull the truck out of it's stall given the distance between buildings. I'm sure you've mastered it, but neither of my two trucks would make that in a single motion.

·
Registered
827 Posts
Totally off topic, but I would love to see you pull the truck out of it's stall given the distance between buildings. I'm sure you've mastered it, but neither of my two trucks would make that in a single motion.
The only stall the truck can make access comfortably is the center stall. I have to nose the truck into the far left corner of the driveway and back her in. It can be done in one motion if the wine at dinner wasn't that great :p The tougher part is getting on the brake before taking out a taillight :ROFLMAO: Unfortunately I cannot fit a full size bed or superduty in this garage.

Bedrooms and private spaces over the garage and public living spaces on the other side. My wood shop is accessed by the door next to the wood crib.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I upgraded to 100oct APR flash...
Next weekend activities...
Install: BMC Air filter and APR Diverter valve...

upcoming: Fabspeed downpipe, GT4 air intake scoops and 3rd Radiator...

Regards!

·
Registered
20 Posts
I gor the opportunity to upgrade my 718 Cayman GTS recently to a 991.1 GT3.

nothing wrong with the 718 but the GT3 was always a goal for me. So thankful tobe able to drive both cars.

I will miss driving the 718 Cayman GTS, but im looking forward to my new adventure with the GT3. 😄

5300DE2D-1503-4D41-8F8B-000DF437096F.jpeg
FE0C3A3D-49A7-4736-96E6-10C262C335E5.jpeg
B112A6EF-206E-4290-887E-59F8D6CB75C8.jpeg

1101 - 1120 of 1138 Posts