Porsche 718 Forum banner

1121 - 1139 of 1139 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Waiting patiently to pick up my Boxster base today. Adding the Suncoast vented underbody panel, 3rd radiator, front intake grills and Michelin PS4s tires. Already have a high flow air filter, Soul sport cat downpipe & Cobb AP with a custom ECU tune & PDK tune. I wish I could retrofit the SC programming and add the Sport Plus button. Can’t wait to get it on the track again. Next up, I’m thinking Ohlins R&T coil overs.

·
Registered
827 Posts
I gor the opportunity to upgrade my 718 Cayman GTS recently to a 991.1 GT3.

nothing wrong with the 718 but the GT3 was always a goal for me. So thankful tobe able to drive both cars.

I will miss driving the 718 Cayman GTS, but im looking forward to my new adventure with the GT3. 😄

View attachment 27693
I know it's a GT3 and not simply a Carrera, but I'd be interested to hear your impressions/driving differences between the two, once you've had enough time in the saddle.

You do know your GT Silver GTS was better looking, don't you ;)

·
Registered
57 Posts
Well TBH it is an accurate description of the car, in fact it is even more truer than Porsche themselves descriptions of some models within their line up - TYCAN TURBO S 🧐 🤯

·
Registered
53 Posts
Finally installed BMC Air Filter and APR Diverter valve...
After I finish the project I realized I did not took pictures for my record...:mad:

·
Registered
53 Posts
Is plug/play...
the only pain was to properly insert the donut kind of seal that is connected to the intake duct from the valve...space is limited...so you will play a lot...and by the way the space inside tha car does not helps...(I do not want to move further the seats, It comes up the airbag light in the dash panel, and I need to do a service appointment for reset... 1.5hr distance + they return the car to me at the end of the day...don’t know why...is just a 10 min work...)

Note:
Removing all parts to get to the air filter case and valve was easier that I thought...proper tools will help.

·
Registered
708 Posts
Yesterday, today and tomorrow - track days at Watkins Glen! Having a great time so far. Wonderful weather. I've lost count of how many times I've been to this track, but it is my 2nd time here with the 718 CS and the car loves this track.

·
Registered
29 Posts
After 2+ months of ownership totally stock I disconnected the soundaktor fuse following the instructions on this forum. Took all of 1 minute. I've only taken a few short rides around the city but so far I think I prefer it off.
I'm thinking next-up by the end of the month is swapping out the side markers for clears from Suncoast.

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
I gave Portia a badly-needed washing yesterday. Too much hard life, sitting around in the driveway and getting exercise only occasionally and always out of necessity. Had to make her pretty again.

I discovered that someone behind me had parked by braille and put two little nicks about an inch apart in the plastic rear panel right at the edge of the license plate indentation. Only a millimeter across but it took out enough of the surface to show the black underneath. So I'm going to have to touch it up and am looking for recommendations. I'm thinking a drop of appropriate paint (rhodium silver) on each spot, applied proud then smoothed down carefully, should be nearly invisible. But I don't do this sort of stuff every often. Any advice?

·
Registered
786 Posts
I gave Portia a badly-needed washing yesterday. Too much hard life, sitting around in the driveway and getting exercise only occasionally and always out of necessity. Had to make her pretty again.

I discovered that someone behind me had parked by braille and put two little nicks about an inch apart in the plastic rear panel right at the edge of the license plate indentation. Only a millimeter across but it took out enough of the surface to show the black underneath. So I'm going to have to touch it up and am looking for recommendations. I'm thinking a drop of appropriate paint (rhodium silver) on each spot, applied proud then smoothed down carefully, should be nearly invisible. But I don't do this sort of stuff every often. Any advice?
Dr. Colorchip is supposed to be one of the best for matching and filling. I've got my kit but haven't used it yet. Look for videos of how to apply it and you'll see why people like it.
MOO

·
Registered
234 Posts
Your dealer has factory matching paint for touch ups. My detailer had me get a vial so that he could touch up prior to the PPF. If you do it yourself, there are a few good utube videos on the subject....

·
Registered
2018 718 Boxster GTS
11 Posts
I agree. I purchased from dealer the Porsche two-step touch-up kit (2 vials; paint, clear lacquer with good brush applicators) for my GT Silver GTS, since there was a small scuff at the lower front side edge in front of wheel. Worked very well. Less is definitely more... Flows into the depression easily. Lots of aftermarket products, but why bother?

1121 - 1139 of 1139 Posts