Porsche 718 Forum banner

1161 - 1180 of 1205 Posts

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Finally!
Installed the Fabspeed cat/downpipe...awesome sound and the performance change is noticeable...

Thanks Real Savage for your attentions...

My defined Stage 1 done...(BMC air filter, APR diverter valve, APR Tune 100 oct and Fabspeed cat/downpipe)

next stages...Cooling and Style

some pictures...
Fabspeed downpipe was packed really good + awesome weld...real attention to details!
installation was smooth, no issues on fitment...Only mod was to increase space area for proper O2 sensor due to the new location (shifted to the side)

regards,
jL
How hard was it to change?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Have done it for a while, every time I back to apartment and leave my car at parking lot, I will turn back my head and stare her about 30 secs.

FDE 200 cells sport catalyst
AWE exhaust Track edition
BMC air filter
Darwin Pro carbon front lip/ rear diffuser/ side vent (only for good looking)
Ohlins DFV coilovers
BBS Motorsport E88 19'
Michelin Pilot Sport Cup2

View attachment 26832 View attachment 26833 View attachment 26834 View attachment 26835 View attachment 26836
Does the rear diffuser from Darwin require some modification or drilling? Or just simply using existing bolt plug and play

·
Registered
447 Posts
@jimmuller Thanks for the pics! Amazing how they are able to pack so many amenities into 19’. Very nice looking unit. Enjoy the added “camping” luxury, especially your private stand-up shower...just don’t let Portia get jealous.

·
Registered
94 Posts
any
Finally!
Installed the Fabspeed cat/downpipe...awesome sound and the performance change is noticeable...
View attachment 28038 View attachment 28039 View attachment 28040
Thanks Real Savage for your attentions...

My defined Stage 1 done...(BMC air filter, APR diverter valve, APR Tune 100 oct and Fabspeed cat/downpipe)

next stages...Cooling and Style

some pictures...
Fabspeed downpipe was packed really good + awesome weld...real attention to details!
installation was smooth, no issues on fitment...Only mod was to increase space area for proper O2 sensor due to the new location (shifted to the side)

regards,
jL
How was the APR diverter valve install? is it easy to get to and DIY? I have 1 on order and plan to install myself. Any tips is appreciated.

·
Registered
831 Posts
Not today but yesterday... Took Iris out for a really nice drive through beautiful back roads in Vermont. I kept extending at every turn.
I did that yesterday because my driving season ended today with rotator cuff surgery.
0530201939~3.jpg

2020 was a good year though of back road cruising in our "wonderful speedy little car" as my wife likes to call her!☺ To be continued next year!

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
I did that yesterday because my driving season ended today with rotator cuff surgery. ...
2020 was a good year though of back road cruising in our "wonderful speedy little car" as my wife 'll as to call her!☺ To be continued next year!
Recover quickly, my friend. (And let her drive for a while.😉)

·
Registered
687 Posts
I see you are from Florida. Let me know how that does during love bug season which should start momentarily. I hope it makes your life easier.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I see you are from Florida. Let me know how that does during love bug season which should start momentarily. I hope it makes your life easier.
Bug season and road debris of south Florida are the 2 primary reasons that motivated me to opt for front end PPF and not only ceramic coating.
Within the year, I may consider PPF along the side skirts extending up towards the panel behind the intake vents.
Black is just difficult and being a car I’m driving about 3 days/week, I feel PPF was a must for me.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Thanks! The car was a Porsche corporate demo, so it came from Porsche with half-hood PPF applied. It's not terribly well done (you can see the line in the lower front, but good enough for peace of mind for now - it's surely saved the car from a few chips already with all the construction around the city. My plan is to get new tires and a full-front PPF next year.
Thanks for the reply. My 2021 Cayman GTS is arriving in late October/early November. I will probably drive the car without PPF for several weeks to enjoy the ride. Then do a full Expel Ultimate before I garage it in mid-December. I am a bit concerned over loosing some metallic luster with the PPF.....any thoughts in the community?

·
Registered
34 Posts
Bug season and road debris of south Florida are the 2 primary reasons that motivated me to opt for front end PPF and not only ceramic coating.
Within the year, I may consider PPF along the side skirts extending up towards the panel behind the intake vents.
Black is just difficult and being a car I’m driving about 3 days/week, I feel PPF was a must for me.
How did the PPE effect the look of your black paint? I know I need PPE....just a bit paranoid over the loss of sheen and lustre.

·
Registered
'18 718 CS, Pdk, Night Blue met. Agate grey int. 14 way H/V seats20" Carrera, PSE, PrmPkg
31 Posts
Get the shop you choose to do a test patch.
Folks I was talking to offered that, but I just looked over some work in the shop to see for myself. Just use similar color/shade for reference.

With night blue metallic on mine, can't tell with/without on adjacent panels from any distance over 6 inches!
Same ppf as you mentioned.
Suggest you "top" with same sealant for apples/apples .. or both no finish.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Get the shop you choose to do a test patch.
Folks I was talking to offered that, but I just looked over some work in the shop to see for myself. Just use similar color/shade for reference.

With night blue metallic on mine, can't tell with/without on adjacent panels from any distance over 6 inches!
Same ppf as you mentioned.
Suggest you "top" with same sealant for apples/apples .. or both no finish.
Awesome.....Thanks for the response....feeling better about this

·
Registered
831 Posts
Thanks for the reply. My 2021 Cayman GTS is arriving in late October/early November. I will probably drive the car without PPF for several weeks to enjoy the ride. Then do a full Expel Ultimate before I garage it in mid-December. I am a bit concerned over loosing some metallic luster with the PPF.....any thoughts in the community?
I think that could be a concern. I recently noticed that the metallic part of our Graphite Blue Metallic is less visible in the PPFed sections. It's still worth it to me to have it as it's already protected the paint more than once.
MOO

·
Registered
447 Posts
How did the PPE effect the look of your black paint? I know I need PPE....just a bit paranoid over the loss of sheen and lustre.
We've had Xpel on our car (except trunk lid and doors) since April 1, 2020 (no joke). My wife and neighbors have been completly unable to detect any difference between the Ceramic Coated (Fusion Plus) Xpel covered portions of our Sapphire Blue Metallic BS and the non-Xpel ceramic coated trunk lid and doors. I can tell sometimes...sort of...but I have work quite hard to discern what is effectively an extremely marginal difference (most folks cannot tell, even when looking for a difference). Regardless, I don't think the metallic luster of the the paint is minimized or compromized in any way. Will definitely Xpel any new vehicles in the future.

·
Super Moderator
1,443 Posts
I sincerely doubt that any plastic coating is as transparent as a similar thickness of air.
Of course whether you can actually tell is a completely different question. 😀
If the applier does a basic paint correction first then the coated areas may even look better than the 'un-done' areas.

1161 - 1180 of 1205 Posts