Porsche 718 Forum banner

1181 - 1200 of 1205 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
I did the same thing today as I did yesterday and I'll do it again tomorrow..........................WAIT FOR IT TO ARRIVE. The quote from the dealer of "90 to 120 days" didn't seem so bad when I placed the order, but it seems to be a lot longer than I thought it would be.

·
Super Moderator
1,443 Posts
I did the same thing today as I did yesterday and I'll do it again tomorrow..........................WAIT FOR IT TO ARRIVE. The quote from the dealer of "90 to 120 days" didn't seem so bad when I placed the order, but it seems to be a lot longer than I thought it would be.
Wait until it ships and then you can track it daily across the ocean! 😝

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
We drove, well, actually I drove and my sweetie rode, Portia out to the Assabet National Wildlife Refuge yesterday and again today and spend hours walking the trails through ANWR and Hopbrook Marsh Conservation Area. Really wonderful woods, great trails, few other people. Yesterday we saw a few butterfly species we've never identified before, and got a closeup view of a red-tailed hawk. Today's sighting included this big guy

At some point today I encountered a stinging thingy who must have been having a bad day. I didn't do nuthin', was just walking quietly in the middle of the trail when all of a sudden my wrist started hurting sharply. I don't even know what it was, let alone what I did to irritate it so. Yow. Fortunately my body does not react in any dramatic way to hornet or yellow jacket stings. We continued the walk and had a great day.

I must have seen three 911's today and three or four Boxsters. All the local Porsche drivers seem to have been out.

·
Registered
687 Posts
Hope the snake had a pleasant day after your encounter... I assume so based on your previous posts.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Decided to remove the wheels and clean them today. While I was at it I happened to inspect the bottom drain holes for the roof. Discovered they were completely blocked. Removed the rear wheel liners and cleaned them out and then vacuumed
the drain holes at the top. Amazing how much was in there. The car had 15k when I bought it and I have only driven an additional 3k.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I took a road trip out to the Shenandoah National Park area where we rented a cabin for the week.

Went out for a short hike and to see the sunset from Skyline Dr. which was nice.

What wasn’t nice was getting a speeding ticket on Skyline Dr. heading home. I wasn’t trying to race, I just want paying attention to the speedometer 😩

I guess the rest of the week I’ll be using cruise control up/down the mountain to get to our hikes!

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
I took a road trip out to the Shenandoah National Park area where we rented a cabin for the week.

Went out for a short hike and to see the sunset from Skyline Dr. which was nice.

What wasn’t nice was getting a speeding ticket on Skyline Dr. heading home. I wasn’t trying to race, I just want paying attention to the speedometer 😩

I guess the rest of the week I’ll be using cruise control up/down the mountain to get to our hikes!
I was going to give you a Like until I read the part about a speeding ticket. That's a bummer and not likeable at all.

Reactions: Treemagnet

·
Registered
913 Posts
Beautiful pix! Where exactly is this in Scotland? My wife and I toured around there in 1987, but this looks more off the beaten path than we were. Stayed a few days with a family in the Isle of Whithorn where my wife stayed as part of a an English Speaking Union trip in 1969 (one highlight of which was Hyde Park in London where the Stones played a free concert eulogizing Brian Jones' death).

Reactions: neilf

·
Premium Member
279 Posts
Spent an amazing few days on a road trip around the highlands of Scotland
Oh, man—beautiful! The wife and I rented a boring car and spent 10 days driving around there last summer. Wish we could go back, but this time with the Cayman!

1181 - 1200 of 1205 Posts