Porsche 718 Forum banner

1201 - 1205 of 1205 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Thanks for the replies. We had an amazing time. Our Cruise around the Caribbean got cancelled due to COVID so we went to Scotland instead! Kinda glad we did. JazzCatDab - we spent some time around Loch Lomond but mainly the North Western tip of Scotland. Rather than bore you with the whole route look up ’Northcoast 500’. We roughly followed this route with a few diversions here and there to see other stuff. I’d recommend it to anyone.

·
Registered
913 Posts
Thanks for the recommendations! Yes, when we went on our trip we should have spent more time in that area! We toured the Isle of Skye for a few days and then left down a scary, twisty little road to a tiny little ferry near Kyleakin that fought the current back to the mainland not far from Eilean Donan Castle before heading to the southern tip of Loch Ness and eventually to a farmhouse outside of Tomintoul for a few days to fully appreciate the Whiskey Trail. Scotland is just chock full of dramatic and beautiful landscapes.

·
Registered
931 Posts
What did I do to my Porsche 718 Boxster/Cayman today? Not have fun, that's what. I finally, after having ordered the parts last year, performed the Xenon ballast and lamp upgrade. Man that job is a $#@@%^&&) pain in the $#@&!(%#& a$$. There's nothing complicated about it. It's just a job for a contortionist. There's also a half a million screws that need to be removed and replaced. ON EACH SIDE! It wouldn't be such a bad job with a lift.

I guess it was worth it. Picked up some sushi dinner at dusk and I could already see the difference.

·
Registered
913 Posts
Took Carmen the Cayman out yesterday for an 1.5 hour spin in the rural twisties. The weather was dry and cool and the traffic rare to light. Oddly, there were a number of police cars just hanging out in various places, none of which were places I would be stretching the bounds of legal speed. There is a stretch of road several miles long near the end of my drive that has about 3 hairpins and 5 or so tight corners. For the most part (except for one upshift and then downshift) I could stay in second gear and just wail around it all. About a year ago, I did this and in the middle of a hairpin, there was a cop in the outside opposing lane. I was hugging the apex so I don't think he was concerned, but he still didn't try to get turned around to chase me. Or, not that I know of.

Reactions: johan and alfaguy
1201 - 1205 of 1205 Posts