Porsche 718 Forum banner

1221 - 1240 of 1269 Posts

·
Registered
642 Posts
I think he was running for re-election at the time. Driving a Porsche probably looked bad in the eyes his constituency lol. I only know abut this because he left some bits of identifying information in the car portfolio such as insurance ID card and some maintenance receipts :)
It's amazing how careless people are with their personally identifiable information when they hand over their trade-ins (eg, maintenance records, registrations, insurance info, ... as you discovered), and when they return their rental cars (smartphone data downloaded by the car's infotainment system.) Just amazing.

·
Registered
36 Posts
6 hours into a major detail job. Decontamination wash, synthetic clay bar, full paint correction with random orbital, and Jescar Powerlock + paint sealant on the paint, glass and wheels. Going to finish it off with a coat of Collinite wax tomorrow once the sealant fully bonds.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
I think he was running for re-election at the time. ...l. I only know abut this because he left some bits of identifying information in the car portfolio such as insurance ID card and some maintenance receipts :)
So let me get this straight. A congressman running for re-election and missing only a little bit of attention to detail. How charming.;)

·
Registered
966 Posts
Installed a short shift kit that I purchased from Cayman718 here on the forum. Man this feels awesome!

It made a world of difference to me. Short crisp shifts. You'll also realize the ergonomics Porsche considered when placing all the buttons and electronic controls. Since the tranny is remote to the shifter, resting your hand on the shifter has no adverse effects. You can easily reach the buttons with a finger for the fan, AC and everything else while being ready to shift :)

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Installed a TWL carbon ducktail spoiler today. Going to leave it carbon fiber for a bit to see how I like it.

View attachment 28702
Great idea, looks great. Also, take a quarter rear picture just like this and you will see a very cool, subtle curl on the trailing corner of the duck tail. Took someone else's picture of mine for me to notice it.

·
Registered
2017 Boxster 718S Graphite Blue
165 Posts

This is what I did today, arrived in the mail! Decent but probably not worth the coin!

·
Registered
2017 Boxster 718S Graphite Blue
165 Posts
That sure looks great.
I assume you are going to rip off the door to let it show.
Abso bloody lutely!!!

·
Registered
913 Posts
Not today but yesterday... Took Iris out for a really nice drive through beautiful back roads in Vermont. I kept extending at every turn.
I did that yesterday because my driving season ended today with rotator cuff surgery.
View attachment 28091
2020 was a good year though of back road cruising in our "wonderful speedy little car" as my wife likes to call her!☺ To be continued next year!
Thanks to our NE November warm spell, I was able to get Iris out today for a nice drive. 🎉🎆 I plan to do it again tomorrow, and this time maybe I'll stop and get some photos. The shoulder has mostly recovered, so 1-4 shifts are easy. 5 and 6 not so much so I'll just stay off of the freeway for now. It feels good to be back though!

·
Super Moderator
1,530 Posts
Thanks to our NE November warm spell, I was able to get Iris out today for a nice drive. 🎉🎆 I plan to do it again tomorrow, and this time maybe I'll stop and get some photos. The shoulder has mostly recovered, so 1-4 shifts are easy. 5 and 6 not so much so I'll just stay off of the freeway for now. It feels good to be back though!
Excellent news! I've had rotator cuff issues (impingement) and they are not fun and can be amazingly painful.🙁

·
Registered
913 Posts
I stopped to smell the roses and take some photos on today's drive. It's a lovely day in NH & VT!
1106201106~2.jpg
1106201110~2.jpg

1221 - 1240 of 1269 Posts