Porsche 718 Forum banner

1341 - 1360 of 1414 Posts

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Funny you mentioned your first launch, because I’ve launched my manual 4.0 for the first time a few days ago as well 🙂
I haven’t seen any instructions on how to do it so I just switched to Sport+ (all nannies on), 1st gear, gas pedal to the metal (went to 5k rpm I think) and just let go the clutch.
Worked perfectly!
Just wondering why there is no mentioning of that in the manual and why there is no “launch active” message on the screen. Must be a “secret” function. 🙂
I don't think it's mentioned because there is no "launch control" for a manual. What's described in the PDF is how to "launch" any manual lol Rev the engine and feather the clutch until you feel the Gs pushing you back into the seat :)

·
Registered
2018 Cayman GTS
170 Posts
Yea, I m in the upstate Adironndacks snow belt. I usually can t even get my car out in Jan but it s been unusually quiet as far as snow. My driveway still has snow/ice which lasts all winter at this point. Fun trying to get car over that with summer tires, LOL.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Now that I finally got mine, I went down to DMV and registered it and requested a specalized tag. Then I came home and did a careful wash, claybar, iron removal routine in preperation for applying Adams Graphene tomorrow. I did it to my Panamera and it's absolutely fantastic. I'm eager to get my Cayman coated so I can wash it frequently without much effort. By the way, the job is not expensive (around a hundred bucks if you already have ordinary washing equipment) and it's easy. However, it is tedious and you'll want to reserve two half-days for the process. Add a day or two more if you need to do a lot of paint correction.

·
Premium Member
158 Posts
Now that I finally got mine, I went down to DMV and registered it and requested a specalized tag. Then I came home and did a careful wash, claybar, iron removal routine in preperation for applying Adams Graphene tomorrow. I did it to my Panamera and it's absolutely fantastic. I'm eager to get my Cayman coated so I can wash it frequently without much effort. By the way, the job is not expensive (around a hundred bucks if you already have ordinary washing equipment) and it's easy. However, it is tedious and you'll want to reserve two half-days for the process. Add a day or two more if you need to do a lot of paint correction.
good to know. I had some Adams Graphene on order but it was back ordered. Gave up and have some Griots spray on ceramic on the car for now.

·
Registered
2017 718 Boxster - Graphite Blue Metallic
123 Posts
Big difference between the Adams Graphene Coating, and the spray. I've been pretty impressed by the coating, mixed feelings on the spray.

I'm a BIG fan of Ethos Defy compared to the Adam's spray personally.

I'm also incredibly happy with the Ethos Graphene Matrix coating, I applied that on the Macan.

good to know. I had some Adams Graphene on order but it was back ordered. Gave up and have some Griots spray on ceramic on the car for now.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Took rear nearside wheel off today to take it to local alloy wheel doctor for painting of minor pot hole chips on the rim of my titanium grey Carerra Sport wheel. Bit disappointed to find the hub was very rusty After only 1 year and 4,000 miles. Gave the hub a clean with rust remover and it looks better now.

·
Registered
657 Posts
Took rear nearside wheel off today to take it to local alloy wheel doctor for painting of minor pot hole chips on the rim of my titanium grey Carerra Sport wheel. Bit disappointed to find the hub was very rusty After only 1 year and 4,000 miles. Gave the hub a clean with rust remover and it looks better now.
Planned obsolescence in process.

·
Registered
'18 718 CS, Pdk, Night Blue met. Agate grey int. 14 way H/V seats20" Carrera, PSE, PrmPkg
47 Posts
I had the same thing removing from a 2018 to do rim ceramic coating.

Ended up wire brushing and rust stop the hub/flanges.
Same thing on a BMW, worse, wheels rusted on.
Tip .. if wet washing your wheels, pop off the center caps and blow dry the area inside.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Got my wheel back from the alloy wheel doctor. Can’t see where the chips were. Looks an excellent job.
In the meantime the rusty hub looks a bit better following me cleaning it with rust remover.

·
Registered
152 Posts
What rust remover did you use?
I just gave it a quick rub over of the below product using an old toothbrush and cloth but will spend a lot more time doing all 4 wheel hubs when I have more time. Have to say my 15 year old 987 hubs after 88000 miles were in a lot better condition than my one year old 4000 mile hubs

·
Registered
184 Posts
Put some 3M film on the lower part of the rear fenders of my brand new 2021 Cayman to protect from rock dings. It was left over from the material I used on my Panamera, so it was more or less free.

·
Registered
2017 Boxster 718S Graphite Blue
206 Posts
1341 - 1360 of 1414 Posts