Porsche 718 Forum banner

1361 - 1380 of 1414 Posts

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
There be some nice cars here. Of course, most any 718 is a nice car.

I haven't been doing anything to my car but I've been doing something with her. Been putting weekend recreation miles on her. We been taking her out to the Assabet National Wildlife Refuge to do some waking' in the woods. That's only about a 30 mile round trip but somehow it often ends up being longer. I'm not sure why, some sort of spatial warp thing happening. My sweetie (of 40-some years) loves riding in her, as I've said before. That's worth more than the destination itself.

I'm coming up on the 2-year/20,000 mile service. Not sure whether I should do it soon or wait till we've been vaccinated before I have to hang out at the dealer for that long. But since I'm driving only about 60 to 70 miles a week I can wait for a while.

·
Registered
2019 Macan S, 2016 Cayman S, 2021 GTS 4.0 ordered
59 Posts
Went to the configurator once again to take another look at Midnight Blue Met and GT silver deviating stitching before order locks in. Decided against both. Sticking with GT Silver and standard full leather w/CF trim/shifter knob.

·
Registered
802 Posts
There be some nice cars here. Of course, most any 718 is a nice car.

I haven't been doing anything to my car but I've been doing something with her. Been putting weekend recreation miles on her. We been taking her out to the Assabet National Wildlife Refuge to do some waking' in the woods. That's only about a 30 mile round trip but somehow it often ends up being longer. I'm not sure why, some sort of spatial warp thing happening. My sweetie (of 40-some years) loves riding in her, as I've said before. That's worth more than the destination itself.

I'm coming up on the 2-year/20,000 mile service. Not sure whether I should do it soon or wait till we've been vaccinated before I have to hang out at the dealer for that long. But since I'm driving only about 60 to 70 miles a week I can wait for a while.
Did my one year during COVID. Dropped it off at intake window and didn't go in until I needed to sign off. Walked the lot looking at details of other cars. Time went by pretty fast that way. Better than sitting...

·
Registered
323 Posts
Yes, mine is an S-line Prestige! Got a hard to pass up deal...6880 miles for $35k!! New window sticker as $45k !
A tune may be in it's future, althou it goes good for a fun daily!!

·
Registered
2017 718 Boxster - Graphite Blue Metallic
123 Posts
Yes, mine is an S-line Prestige! Got a hard to pass up deal...6880 miles for $35k!! New window sticker as $45k !
A tune may be in it's future, althou it goes good for a fun daily!!
We got a deal we couldn’t pass up on this one. Almost 10k under sticker 2020 leftover(new), 5 year warranty, 4 year maintenance, and 0% interest. Absolutely insane...!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
323 Posts
And they are great fun to drive with a very nice cabin and a boat load of modern electronics and features! My only mis-calculation so far is the lack of a CD player! All of my music is on CD!!

·
Registered
152 Posts
Cleaned rear drivers side suspension components after having done the other side 9 days ago. As with the other side the hub was rusty which I cleaned as best as possible with metal deoxidiser. Gave the wheel a good clean and waxed with Bilt Hammer double wax.
Before

After

·
Registered
152 Posts
And they are great fun to drive with a very nice cabin and a boat load of modern electronics and features! My only mis-calculation so far is the lack of a CD player! All of my music is on CD!!
I’m just in the process of putting all my CDs onto a USB stick.

·
Registered
323 Posts
I did some disc burning a few years ago and was able to load directly onto the music file on my desktop....not now!
My new HP doesn't have a disc drive anymore!o_O My iPod plays right thru the arm rest input for music on my boxster with CarPlay. Doesn't want to play on the new Audi, even thou it has CarPlay and I plug it into the USB port on the console. Ah, tech....here to improve our lives:unsure:
At least I can burn off of vinyl as my record player has a computer output on the back...

·
Super Moderator
1,688 Posts
Either put the music on an SD card or on a phone. SD card goes in the console slot, the phone either plugs into the USB port or use Bluetooth.
I listen to mp4 320k tracks in the car and it's amazing how many albums fit on a 64 Gig card.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Cleaned rear drivers side suspension components after having done the other side 9 days ago. As with the other side the hub was rusty which I cleaned as best as possible with metal deoxidiser. Gave the wheel a good clean and waxed with Bilt Hammer double wax.
Before
View attachment 29941
After
Just noticed I've a similar hub score on my passenger side rear. Must have been a stone stuck against the calliper.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Just noticed I've a similar hub score on my passenger side rear. Must have been a stone stuck against the calliper.
I decided to just leave the circular groove on the inner edge of the hub as although it’s a rust colour it doesn’t bother me too much.

·
Registered
184 Posts
I removed the mufflers on my brand new 2021 Cayman base from the flanges back, set the assembly up on the bench, and fabricated a jig so I can duplicate the geometry in SS 304 tubing to make a DIY muffler delete. From this point I'll fabricate a muffler delete exhaust system over the next few days.

Why spend $2000 and an hours time for an aftermarket muffler delete system when you can spend $4000 and weeks of planning along with days of fabrication to do the same thing yourself. And, if you do it yourself, there is the added bonus of no warranty and no guarantee it won't sound like crap. Perfect. :eek:

·
Registered
323 Posts
Either put the music on an SD card or on a phone. SD card goes in the console slot, the phone either plugs into the USB port or use Bluetooth.
I listen to mp4 320k tracks in the car and it's amazing how many albums fit on a 64 Gig card.
Yea, I think the SD card is the way to go! Audi has a phone dock, wireless Carplay and yet will not recognize my Apple iPod. When I plug the same iPod into the armrest USB in my Boxster, the car plays all of the music thru its PCM.....

·
Registered
95 Posts
Yea, I think the SD card is the way to go! Audi has a phone dock, wireless Carplay and yet will not recognize my Apple iPod. When I plug the same iPod into the armrest USB in my Boxster, the car plays all of the music thru its PCM.....
Android auto / Apple carplay is the way to go for me.

·
Registered
2019 Macan S, 2016 Cayman S, 2021 GTS 4.0 ordered
59 Posts
Android auto / Apple carplay is the way to go for me.
About to lock in my order. Will I still have Apple Carplay if I don't opt for the Navi pkg? Will it be wired vs wireless? All my previous late model Porsches had Navi, so I don't know what it's like w/o it.

·
Registered
95 Posts
About to lock in my order. Will I still have Apple Carplay if I don't opt for the Navi pkg? Will it be wired vs wireless? All my previous late model Porsches had Navi, so I don't know what it's like w/o it.
I'm not sure. I have the nav package but I didn't have android auto/carplay.
A fellow forum member has enabled it for me ;)

1361 - 1380 of 1414 Posts