Porsche 718 Forum banner

1381 - 1400 of 1414 Posts

·
Registered
2017 718 Boxster - Graphite Blue Metallic
123 Posts
Yes / wired, CarPlay doesn't rely on Nav (or voice control).

About to lock in my order. Will I still have Apple Carplay if I don't opt for the Navi pkg? Will it be wired vs wireless? All my previous late model Porsches had Navi, so I don't know what it's like w/o it.

·
Registered
2019 Macan S, 2016 Cayman S, 2021 GTS 4.0 ordered
59 Posts
Yes / wired, CarPlay doesn't rely on Nav (or voice control).
Thanks, I can live with that vs the additional cost. Have to draw the line somewhere. Already have 15k in options. Will use Waze if I ever need Navi. I do stream some audio, and on rare occasion, listen to and reply to a text message while enroute. Plugging in before driving off isn't going to be a big deal.

·
Registered
118 Posts
About to lock in my order. Will I still have Apple Carplay if I don't opt for the Navi pkg? Will it be wired vs wireless? All my previous late model Porsches had Navi, so I don't know what it's like w/o it.
You will have Carplay without navi if you tick the box.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Having previously removed the rear wheels and cleaned the rusty hubs I today removed the front drivers side wheel. The wheel was an absolute pig to remove as the steel retaining lugs on the hub had rusted and “welded“ themselves to the alloy of the wheel centre. Like the rear wheels I rubbed down the rusty hubs and then cleaned and waxed the wheel and cleaned all the suspension parts.

·
Premium Member
400 Posts
Note that Porsche recommends the use of MolyLube on the hub to prevent the wheels from sticking. @MarkYorks is taking things to another level—cool to hear of that level of attention to detail!

·
Registered
152 Posts
Note that Porsche recommends the use of MolyLube on the hub to prevent the wheels from sticking. @MarkYorks is taking things to another level—cool to hear of that level of attention to detail!
All four wheels now done. The front passenger side was not as bad as the front driver side but still took some effort. As before all suspension cleaned and wheel waxed. All 4 wheels now have lubed locating lugs so should be easier to remove in the future. My OCD tendencies are now eased as always like to see what is lurking beneath when I have not bought new. To be fair the car did look like new when I bought it in October at 10 months old and 3300 miles.

1381 - 1400 of 1414 Posts