Porsche 718 Forum banner

1481 - 1500 of 1539 Posts

·
Registered
888 Posts
Hey Don, there is no serviceable filter in the pdk for 981/982 991/992. That’s why service interval is 12 years/144000kms. Because at that point your replacing the pan that has the inbuilt fibrous filter and magnets built in. Hence why it’s so expensive. So what myself and others have done, is simply drain the fluid and refill on a regular basis. You only get 50% out, so some do it twice within the week to get the new fluid up to about 75%. This way also doesn’t involve the need for the piwis system. Changing the pdk fluid is an easy and cost effective way to ensure optimum condition as is the rear transaxle fluid change.
Wow 12 years/144000kms seems too long for any performance type of driving. I noticed the PDK oil gets up to ~248F/120C on a warm day on the track so I thought it is probably cheap insurance or I could say expensive insurance!

I paid over $1000 AUD just in parts for the PDK service! The filter alone was $810 and the oil $228.

Your method seems like it could be a better option!

·
Registered
2017 Boxster 718S Graphite Blue
231 Posts
Wow 12 years/144000kms seems too long for any performance type of driving. I noticed the PDK oil gets up to ~248F/120C on a warm day on the track so I thought it is probably cheap insurance or I could say expensive insurance!

I paid over $1000 AUD just in parts for the PDK service! The filter alone was $810 and the oil $228.

Your method seems like it could be a better option!
In Australia we can use Nulon or Penrite dct fluid it’s ffl-3 rated. 4 litres cost me $58 and agree at that price a yearly replacement is a no brainer. 75w90 cost me about the same for 4 litres. Again easy decision.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
1,821 Posts
Yesterday the wind from the north picked up and began blowing red-orange dust from the desert over the city. Then the clouds closed in and it began to rain—mud. Each swipe of the wipers had mud streaming down the sides of the windscreen. These weird conditions lasted about half the day, and I was out driving and shopping.

Today, I washed the car. It's yellow again. 🙂

·
Registered
206 Posts
Yesterday the wind from the north picked up and began blowing red-orange dust from the desert over the city. Then the clouds closed in and it began to rain—mud. Each swipe of the wipers had mud streaming down the sides of the windscreen. These weird conditions lasted about half the day, and I was out driving and shopping.

Luckily for us in the U.K. we don’t have deserts. Once or twice a year we may get a rain shower with Saharan dust particles but that’s it. At the moment its unseasonally dry with blue skies although a bit chilly out of the sun but it’s great for top down driving.

·
Premium Member
1,268 Posts

Just had a flashback to watching the movie "The Last Wave".

·
Registered
2,156 Posts

About this time every year, winds blow orange dust from the Sahara, across the Mediterranean to Greece. The two big ski resorts get their ski trails painted orange. Very strange feeling to ski orange snow leaving white trails...:D

I miss spring skiing in Greece. The corn snow makes every man a hero!:cool:

·
Registered
1,404 Posts
Watched it become covered with snow.

·
Registered
2020 Boxster 718 S
13 Posts
... looked at it in the garage.

New 2020, just got it home a week ago. I've driven it 2 additional times, short trips. Weather and work hasn't cooperated. 😕

·
Registered
1,404 Posts
My sweetie and I took Portia the 718 Porsche Cayman out to Assabet River National Wildlife Refuge for an 8.5 mile walk. The drive out was longer than it might have been. I believe the drive home was longer too. Funny thing about that.

Still wearing winter tires:

A vernal pool in the woods

Speaking of wildlife, we have lots of these here

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
My sweetie and I took Portia the 718 Porsche Cayman out to Assabet River National Wildlife Refuge for an 8.5 mile walk. The drive out was longer than it might have been. I believe the drive home was longer too. Funny thing about that.

A vernal pool in the woods

Speaking of wildlife, we have lots of these here
Looks like it was a nice day. Turkeys have been everywhere the last few years in our area also. Need to keep an eye out while driving the twisties!😯

·
Registered
44 Posts
Sold it.

Second hand values are going through the roof here and I thought I'd get out while the going was good. Hopefully I won't have to wait too long until the new one arrives.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Sold it.

Second hand values are going through the roof here and I thought I'd get out while the going was good. Hopefully I won't have to wait too long until the new one arrives.
Certainly a good time to be selling. Look forward to seeing your new one.

·
Registered
19 Posts

Are these the TireRack Sport cup wheels they offer? Might be getting into a Cayman this year, or next spring and being in Mass as well would prob get whatever Tirerack offers as a package.

·
Registered
1,404 Posts
Are these the TireRack Sport cup wheels they offer? Might be getting into a Cayman this year, or next spring and being in Mass as well would prob get whatever Tirerack offers as a package.
I suspect so but don't know for sure. A local tire shop put together a package of these wheels and Michelin Alpins, then balanced and installed them. They "found" these wheels for me and verified that they were Porsche spec. FWIW, I like the wheels and the tires, though not a fan of a swirl pattern in general. The experience wasn't the most satisfactory I've ever had, especially as I had to have them balanced somewhere else. The most satisfactory experience I've ever had was at the Porsche dealer but I didn't by these wheels from them because I didn't want to pay the Porsche price for a wheel set.

·
Registered
888 Posts
Went to a nursery to get some plants. Lady ringing me up asked if my car was broken because the hood was up. Old southern gentleman sitting in his truck next to where I parked started in his slow drawl how crazy he thought I must have been for putting plants in the engine. Couldn't understand most of what he was saying but got the gist. It's worth the price of admission to hear these remarks sometimes.

1481 - 1500 of 1539 Posts