Porsche 718 Forum banner

1501 - 1520 of 1539 Posts

·
Registered
2,156 Posts
Went to a nursery to get some plants. Lady ringing me up asked if my car was broken because the hood was up. Old southern gentleman sitting in his truck next to where I parked started in his slow drawl how crazy he thought I must have been for putting plants in the engine. Couldn't understand most of what he was saying but got the gist. It's worth the price of admission to hear these remarks sometimes.
'Yer got a trunk thar?...'

Yeah, it's a Europeeean EES You Veee...

·
Registered
888 Posts
Can't be replicated in writing. Drink enough cocktails to start slurring speech and then throw a handful of marbles in your mouth and speak and that may be close. I grew up in the southeast, but this guy had a unique dialect.

·
Registered
514 Posts
Yesterday actually. My spouse and I decided to take advantage of the beautiful weather and go for a 118 mile drive in the country. This photo was taken on a deserted road where the Cayman blends into the surroundings.

·
Registered
1,404 Posts
I did two things to/with my Cayman today. I, which is to say, we, drive out to Assabet River National Wildlife Sanctuary for a nice stroll in the woods. Then when we got home I swap out the Alpin winter tires for the Pilot Sport 4S performance tires. It was a good day.

Doing the right rear while my sweetie snaps pics.

Breaker, breaker, one-nine. Sorry, wrong generation. I mean breaker bar, breaker bar. Life's easy with a big enough breaker bar.

·
Registered
888 Posts
Curious as to the jack-point you are using with jack in that position. Unless that is a stubby jack that I haven't seen before.

·
Registered
1,404 Posts
Curious as to the jack-point you are using with jack in that position. Unless that is a stubby jack that I haven't seen before.
It's a small hydraulic trolley jack that I bought years ago to work on my GT6. Even though it is small it doesn't fit under the car! So I drive the car up onto little supports first. The jack points are the normal service support points. I put some padding between the jack and car, actually fragments from carpet intended for the GT6. The big breaker bar is the shaft of a mic stand and the supports which I drive the car up onto are mic stand bases. (That's one of the perks of having been a performing musician for 45 years.)

More from today's festivities:
Great blue heron

Nesting osprey

Lovely vernal pool

The reason why this trail is named the Tri-Town Trail

·
Registered
772 Posts
I did two things to/with my Cayman today. I, which is to say, we, drive out to Assabet River National Wildlife Sanctuary for a nice stroll in the woods. Then when we got home I swap out the Alpin winter tires for the Pilot Sport 4S performance tires. It was a good day

Doing the right rear while my sweetie snaps pics.

Breaker, breaker, one-nine. Sorry, wrong generation. I mean breaker bar, breaker bar. Life's easy with a big enough breaker bar.
Sounds like a tremendously gratifying day. BTW, my Bride loves your beautiful tulips! Unfortunately, far to warm (HOT!) and dry to grow Tulips in the Texas Hill Country.

·
Registered
772 Posts
Thanks for all the Pics Jim!

·
Registered
1,404 Posts
Sounds like a tremendously gratifying day. BTW, my Bride loves your beautiful tulips! Unfortunately, far to warm (HOT!) and dry to grow Tulips in the Texas Hill Country.
Thank you so much, @Treemagnet. The garden is my sweetie's thing. It was a great day. The last time I swapped tires it cost me 137 laps. This time cost me only 98. How do those NASCAR guys do it so fast? Of course they don't do it while drinking a few ounces of a double IPA. Anyway, I'm out of the running for championship points so a few seconds here and there is no big deal.
Thanks for all the Pics Jim!
You are quite welcome! I like sharing and hope everyone gets a bit of a smile from them.

·
Premium Member
1,268 Posts
I like how you have a breaker bar hat and an lug bolt install hat, Jim.

·
Registered
2021 Boxster
80 Posts
This is what forums are all about! The personal touch added to our techy day is a delight. Thank you for sharing your life as well as your inovative approach to something as mundane as changing the tyres. A wife, flowers, birds, wildlife and a Porsche. Does it get any better?

Cheers all!

·
Registered
1,404 Posts
I like how you have a breaker bar hat and an lug bolt install hat, Jim.
Well, you see, my sweetie came over and said that hat isn't doing you any good so wear this one. Who am I to argue?

A wife, flowers, birds, wildlife and a Porsche. Does it get any better?
Thank you so much! And you are right, it doesn't get any better. (You didn't mention the beer...🍺)

Reactions: JazzCatGab

·
Registered
2021 Boxster
80 Posts
Well, you see, my sweetie came over and said that hat isn't doing you any good so wear this one. Who am I to argue?

Thank you so much! And you are right, it doesn't get any better. (You didn't mention the beer...🍺)
Lol! I would have mentioned the hoppy stuff.... Used to imbibe myself.... However, 37 years ago I began working as a developer for Apple Computer.... alcohol and writing code do NOT mix. So, have a toast for me.... Cheers!

·
Registered
2021 Boxster
80 Posts
Looking good mon! Don't fret the color stuff. Lost my vision in the war; live in a grey scale World. But I can see the shine!

·
Registered
2021 Cayman GTS 4.0
574 Posts
Looking good mon! Don't fret the color stuff. Lost my vision in the war; live in a grey scale World. But I can see the shine!
Hah. What color is your 718 again? I guess silver would be the choice?

And I'll tell you what I WILL do today – go for a Sunday drive! Entire week here in Austin has been gloomy and rainy. But today it is perfect outside.

1501 - 1520 of 1539 Posts