Porsche 718 Forum banner

1521 - 1539 of 1539 Posts

·
Registered
225 Posts
Hah. What color is your 718 again? I guess silver would be the choice?

And I'll tell you what I WILL do today – go for a Sunday drive! Entire week here in Austin has been gloomy and rainy. But today it is perfect outside.
It's GT Silver, but looks more grey when the light isn't shining on it.

·
Registered
2021 Boxster
80 Posts
Hah. What color is your 718 again? I guess silver would be the choice?

And I'll tell you what I WILL do today – go for a Sunday drive! Entire week here in Austin has been gloomy and rainy. But today it is perfect outside.
Lol. Actually my Box is Race Yellow. Since I can't see color anymore I had my neighbor pick it out. Has absolutely no effect on my end. She said it would look good on these country roads. Did a black and beige leather interior just to keep it interesting.

Reactions: Graustark

·
Registered
1,404 Posts
Lol! I would have mentioned the hoppy stuff.... Used to imbibe myself.... However, 37 years ago I began working as a developer for Apple Computer.... alcohol and writing code do NOT mix. So, have a toast for me.... Cheers!
Lots of people don't imbibe for lots of excellent reasons. (Just about any reason not to imbibe is an excellent one. Those of us who do, or at least I, appreciate the opportunities.) I've been writing code for more than a few decades. So far is hasn't affecded my avility. I can spel ubt I can't tpye.

·
Registered
1,227 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Boxster PDK
103 Posts
Took a ride up to Plymouth, WI and attended the AUTOCROSS at Road America on Sunday. Great time and got to volunteer taking down the times of the contestants. It was fun watching a 911 4S Carrera beat out a Corvette. Lots of cars, eye candy and the main course hosted another event with a whole lot of tricked out cars. Sounded like Race Day.
20210502_123827.jpg
20210502_123811.jpg

·
Registered
225 Posts
Wow, what a great day and experience! Weren't you a little tempted to make a couple runs yourself?

·
Registered
2021 Boxster PDK
103 Posts
Wow, what a great day and experience! Weren't you a little tempted to make a couple runs yourself?
It really looked like fun. Maybe after I get the car broken in and get to know it better. Our region has the Porsche Park at Road America where we can park our Porsches during the racing events. Members have the opportunity to drive the main course during certain events in a Porsche Parade. I'm hoping to do that this summer.

·
Super Moderator
1,821 Posts
It really looked like fun. Maybe after I get the car broken in and get to know it better. Our region has the Porsche Park at Road America where we can park our Porsches during the racing events. Members have the opportunity to drive the main course during certain events in a Porsche Parade. I'm hoping to do that this summer.
Even drive alongs or similar make great memories. 🙂

Let me share one of mine (non-Porsche though).😂
We were in Alice Springs for a memorial ride and a charity event for the daughter of the deceased motorcyclist and we got asked if we'd like to contribute to an unusual contest. It was to grab the world record for the most motorcycles through a pub!

We rode down the main street, up on the footpath and through the main saloon doors of the pub (all guided by the local police!), through the main dining room, into the kitchen, and out the back door. Then we got back on the main road and parked and went in for some drinks, dinner, and entertainment. A great time was had by all.

·
Registered
2021 Boxster
80 Posts
Even drive alongs or similar make great memories. 🙂

Let me share one of mine (non-Porsche though).😂
We were in Alice Springs for a memorial ride and a charity event for the daughter of the deceased motorcyclist and we got asked if we'd like to contribute to an unusual contest. It was to grab the world record for the most motorcycles through a pub!

We rode down the main street, up on the footpath and through the main saloon doors of the pub (all guided by the local police!), through the main dining room, into the kitchen, and out the back door. Then we got back on the main road and parked and went in for some drinks, dinner, and entertainment. A great time was had by all.
Only possible in Australia! I love it!

·
Premium Member
1,268 Posts
Parked it and put a battery tender on it until lovebug season is over in a month or so.
Lovebugs! Strip the paint right off. I'm not sure they had ceramic coatings 40 years ago when I spent a decade or so working in Florida, but I probably couldn't have afforded them anyway.

·
Registered
888 Posts
I think their body fluids will penetrate anything if left on long enough. Horrible creatures!

·
Registered
332 Posts
Just love a lot of snow foam 👌

1521 - 1539 of 1539 Posts