Porsche 718 Forum banner

1561 - 1580 of 1593 Posts

·
Registered
619 Posts
Took it on a 60-mile circuit of curvy (for Florida) roads this morning. Best part was seeing 40-50 exotics and American muscle cars headed the other way - group ride. Those Lambo exhaust notes are special to my ears! Saw more LE today than in the past 2 years on that route. Hummm, must have had advanced intel of the drive.
The great twistys of northern Florida! lol here in south Florida we don’t know what a curvy road looks like

·
Registered
2017 Boxster 718S Graphite Blue
240 Posts
Installed and hardwired a dash cam to the 718S (and our Macan), first time doing such a thing, 100% hidden wiring and fuse tap so happy with the results…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2017 718 Boxster, 2007 Cayman
84 Posts
I changed my oil for the first time and was bragging how easy it was and then I dropped my Harley on my 718 Boxster, it was a good day.

·
Registered
2020 Boxster 718 S, Chalk, "Bella Beast"
33 Posts
^Yikes! If there's a silver lining, it appears limited to the door only (not the quarter panel behind it).

Unrelated...
A couple days ago I blacked-out the shiny trim ring around the clock. A brief writeup is in this thread: For those of us without Chrono

End result:
iP8_1518a Boxster Sports Chrono clock trim ring copy.jpg

·
Registered
952 Posts
Practiced a bit for the Baja. Dust cloud is worse in person.
😕
Road to the house gets dusty when it hasn't rained. No sense in washing it until then. A shame the air filter is so hard to get to.

·
Registered
2021 Boxster
288 Posts
I was going to call you on the Autumn photos (it being Spring here) until I looked at your nationality flag! You're headed into Winter... My bad.... Beautiful car..... It's nice to know we can change tyres by finding a big bump. :cool:

·
Super Moderator
1,901 Posts
I was going to call you on the Autumn photos (it being Spring here) until I looked at your nationality flag! You're headed into Winter... My bad.... Beautiful car..... It's nice to know we can change tyres by finding a big bump. :cool:
HA! I never thought of that. Great tip.

·
Registered
2017 Cayman
74 Posts
Tried installing a brand new TWL ducktail, holes did not line up at first. Then I dropped one of the screws inside the hole by the wing. And then I thought I had it close and it was still off and so I gave up. Now I'm pissed and might just find a body shop to install it, what a pain in the ass. For the money you spend on this thing it sure it not easy to install and doesn't even come with instructions as well.

·
Premium Member
1,318 Posts
Tried installing a brand new TWL ducktail, holes did not line up at first. Then I dropped one of the screws inside the hole by the wing. And then I thought I had it close and it was still off and so I gave up. Now I'm pissed and might just find a body shop to install it, what a pain in the ass. For the money you spend on this thing it sure it not easy to install and doesn't even come with instructions as well.
Even though I watched the TWL video on doing it, and even though they tell you to stuff something down the holes so you don't loose the screws, I thought I'd be careful enough not to drop it -- and of course, I did. I spent two days trying to chase the dang screw down with my cheap little boroscope and then almost had it out with my screw grabber and it fell down a hole further toward the rear. So I gave up. However, a couple of weeks later when I had the car on a lift and installing the rear diffuser (and messing with the insulation that I painted flat black with high temperature paint), the screw just fell out on the concrete. So I know how frustrating it can be.

On proper alignment, all I can suggest is try to center the attachment parts before fitting on the duck tail. For me, it wasn't too far off perfect. You can do it. Just be patient. After initially getting it pretty close, I quit for the day and came back fresh the next and did the final adjustments.

Camera angle isn't perfect, so you'll have to trust me that it is even all across.

·
Registered
2017 Cayman
74 Posts
Even though I watched the TWL video on doing it, and even though they tell you to stuff something down the holes so you don't loose the screws, I thought I'd be careful enough not to drop it -- and of course, I did. I spent two days trying to chase the dang screw down with my cheap little boroscope and then almost had it out with my screw grabber and it fell down a hole further toward the rear. So I gave up. However, a couple of weeks later when I had the car on a lift and installing the rear diffuser (and messing with the insulation that I painted flat black with high temperature paint), the screw just fell out on the concrete. So I know how frustrating it can be.

On proper alignment, all I can suggest is try to center the attachment parts before fitting on the duck tail. For me, it wasn't too far off perfect. You can do it. Just be patient. After initially getting it pretty close, I quit for the day and came back fresh the next and did the final adjustments.

View attachment 32058
Camera angle isn't perfect, so you'll have to trust me that it is even all across.
Thanks, I'm gonna look for new screws at Home Depot today and try again, hopefully the rain stays away

·
Premium Member
1,318 Posts
Thanks, I'm gonna look for new screws at Home Depot today and try again, hopefully the rain stays away
1/2” long M6 screws (but double check there) also they sell little tubes of Loctite Blue to keep them from vibrating loose.

Reactions: Ultimateone
1561 - 1580 of 1593 Posts