Porsche 718 Forum banner

1581 - 1593 of 1593 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,318 Posts
On my way in a few hours to the KYPCA HPDE at Putnam Park Race Course in Indiana. I've talked about this before so here are a few pix of the Rubbermaid box I use for all my tools, mini-compressor, Styrofoam cooler, etc., I may need at the track. It is heavier than I want to carry far so I put it on my little Rock N Roller cart (best $100 I've ever spent) and take it down to our condo's underground garage. The baggage carrier on top will end up with my bag in the back. It looks wrong side around in the froot, but when I pull it out at the park, the numbers will help mark my spot.

Reactions: Goodwood

·
Registered
292 Posts
On my way in a few hours to the KYPCA HPDE at Putnam Park Race Course in Indiana. I've talked about this before so here are a few pix of the Rubbermaid box I use for all my tools, mini-compressor, Styrofoam cooler, etc., I may need at the track. It is heavier than I want to carry far so I put it on my little Rock N Roller cart (best $100 I've ever spent) and take it down to our condo's underground garage. The baggage carrier on top will end up with my bag in the back. It looks wrong side around in the froot, but when I pull it out at the park, the numbers will help mark my spot.
View attachment 32395
View attachment 32396
Great idea, and just fits! Man, I miss Putnam. Had some great instruction from a guy the goes by the nickname "Crazy Kevin" From KY. He used to drive a GT2. Very fast fella! You know him? Snapped this pic of him going 100+ from the tower.
114241574.ol82dfvy.KevinS_1720CropWeb.jpg

·
Premium Member
1,318 Posts
Great idea, and just fits! Man, I miss Putnam. Had some great instruction from a guy the goes by the nickname "Crazy Kevin" From KY. He used to drive a GT2. Very fast fella! You know him? Snapped this pic of him going 100+ from the tower.
There is an instructor named Kevin driving a 2012 Carrera S. IF and this is a big IF, I remember and see him I'll ask him his moniker!

Reactions: Goodwood

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
Drove it to a friends house for a small open top PCA meetup of sorts. Ah, it was really a pool party with Porsches ;) Hosts have the Black Cab (husband) and Blue Boxster (wife) on the end. The Blue Cab is another female PCA members car.

Just some garage paraphernalia :)

IMG_0391.jpeg

·
Registered
525 Posts
That is a very nice assembly of cars and bikes! The Honda brings back fond memories. It looks like a mid-1960s CA77 Dream. My aspirational bikes at the time were the sportier version, the 305cc CB77 Super Hawk, and the off-road version, the CL77 Scrambler, but all I could afford was the CB160 which is probably a good thing looking back... As I recall, where I lived at the time, most of the "kids" rode Hondas with some Yamahas around. The "adults" mostly rode BMWs, Triumphs, and maybe a Norton or two - probably because most picked them up while stationed in Europe.

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
That is a very nice assembly of cars and bikes! The Honda brings back fond memories. It looks like a mid-1960s CA77 Dream. My aspirational bikes at the time were the sportier version, the 305cc CB77 Super Hawk, and the off-road version, the CL77 Scrambler, but all I could afford was the CB160 which is probably a good thing looking back... As I recall, where I lived at the time, most of the "kids" rode Hondas with some Yamahas around. The "adults" mostly rode BMWs, Triumphs, and maybe a Norton or two - probably because most picked them up while stationed in Europe.
I don't know if you can make it out in the pic, and heck I could swear I took a picture if, but there's a red Super Hawk behind the Vette. It's all original and with almost no miles on it.

Just realized we had 2 Boxsters, 2 Cabs and 2 Targas. Another couple from the club showed up in the Beemer. We told them to park on the street 🤣

·
Registered
2021 Boxster PDK
147 Posts
Yesterday we participated in a breakfast run road trip with 9 other Porsches. Two Boxsters, one Cayman, one Panamera, and six 911s, including our Boxster. Great time organized by Donna, a member of our regional chapter of PCA, Milwaukee Stein Lifters. We drove a circuitous route of about 120 miles from Mukwonago, WI to Hartford, WI on every curvy road Donna could map out. It was a Great Ride with Wonderful top down weather.
20210612_081953 (2).jpg
20210612_082912 (2).jpg
20210612_084306 (2).jpg

·
Premium Member
1,318 Posts
There is an instructor named Kevin driving a 2012 Carrera S. IF and this is a big IF, I remember and see him I'll ask him his moniker!
@Goodwood I did forget to check. In my defense, it was over 90 degress most of the weekend and I was going through my roll of paper towels soaking up sweat and not wanting to move out of my chair in case I would miss a breeze! Putnam Park is one of prettiest and safe tracks that could possibly be. I've been there three weekends for KYPCA HPDEs and managed to keep my record of flying off the track each weekend. The first two times in the corner 7 hairpin, and this time I managed to fly off corner 8, and one of the folks in the stands told me that I literally flew through the air. Quite exciting. When I went to the pits afterward to get checked out before reentering the course, the inspector pulled several chunks of sod out of my front vents! However, the last session on Sunday, I made it around the course, at speed, successfully. Oh, and I've mastered that dang corner 7 going through it at speeds I never imagined possible.

1581 - 1593 of 1593 Posts