Porsche 718 Forum banner
1721 - 1740 of 1775 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Boxster 718 S, Chalk, "Bella Beast"
86 Posts
Drove it home from work in windy, dusty, rain-splattery, wetted roads. Barely enough moisture to 'clean' the dirty air (even raindrops were dirty), plus the wetting of the road allowed other vehicles to generate spray, yet not enough to wash the roads. Made me cringe the whole drive.

Brown drool and dirty spray all over the car. Yuk.

·
Registered
2021 Boxster
705 Posts
Drove it home from work in windy, dusty, rain-splattery, wetted roads. Barely enough moisture to 'clean' the dirty air (even raindrops were dirty), plus the wetting of the road allowed other vehicles to generate spray, yet not enough to wash the roads. Made me cringe the whole drive.

Brown drool and dirty spray all over the car. Yuk.
:(

·
Registered
270 Posts
Took my Boxster T out for its last drive ( shame the weather was appalling over the tops - low mist and light rain - 14C at 1pm ! - must be global warming ) before it gets picked up tomorrow by the dealer that I have sold to. Had lots of fun in the last 10 months and good news is that after 10 months I sold the car for just over £5,000 more than I paid for it.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Took my Boxster T out for its last drive ( shame the weather was appalling over the tops - low mist and light rain - 14C at 1pm ! - must be global warming ) before it gets picked up tomorrow by the dealer that I have sold to. Had lots of fun in the last 10 months and good news is that after 10 months I sold the car for just over £5,000 more than I paid for it.
My T was picked up on Thursday and is now up for sale with Porsche Portsmouth at a very optimistic price. It’s a beautiful well cared for car but not sure it is worth £12k more than I paid for it last October . Link here Porsche Finder

·
Registered
270 Posts
What have you ordered?
Going back to a Macan - have a base Gen 3 on order with a build date early September. Will however miss the Boxster - I had my fun with it but it was a bit of a garage queen ( I never took it out in the rain or when there was salt on the road and spent as much time cleaning it as driving it ).

·
Premium Member
2019 base Cayman
1,472 Posts
Just noticed on the dealership website that the delivery driver that drove my car down to Portsmouth achieved some pretty impressive mpg
Looks like a safe bet they didn't exceed the 4K RPMs!

Reactions: Treemagnet

·
Registered
86 Posts
^I encountered the opposite behavior when I took my BS to the dealer for their 3rd party PPF installer to take it for PPF install.

Picking it up after, I saw the brake dust all over the wheels and didn't think too much of it until I was away from the dealership and noticed things in the fuel gage and PCM's trip data. The fuel level was down a surprising amount (the fuel DTE was way down), with fuel economy barely above 10 mpg that morning--they had to be joy riding and 'racing' it to/from the installer. I was livid, took quick notes, and had to use the rest of the long drive to cool down.

I composed my notes and called the dealership's SA and Finance Mgr (who sold the PPF to me)--the SA was indifferent and making arguments that illustrated not believing it. The the GM heard about it as well, at my insistence, but was chicken-$#!t and wouldn't call me back as I'd requested.

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
^I encountered the opposite behavior when I took my BS to the dealer for their 3rd party PPF installer to take it for PPF install.

Picking it up after, I saw the brake dust all over the wheels and didn't think too much of it until I was away from the dealership and noticed things in the fuel gage and PCM's trip data. The fuel level was down a surprising amount (the fuel DTE was way down), with fuel economy barely above 10 mpg that morning--they had to be joy riding and 'racing' it to/from the installer. I was livid, took quick notes, and had to use the rest of the long drive to cool down.

I composed my notes and called the dealership's SA and Finance Mgr (who sold the PPF to me)--the SA was indifferent and making arguments that illustrated not believing it. The the GM heard about it as well, at my insistence, but was chicken-$#!t and wouldn't call me back as I'd requested.
Perhaps the PPF installer's personnel were the culprits. Regardless, that's terrible customer service and not sure I would have cooled down by now...or ever.

If certain it was the dealer's employees and distance wasn't an issue, I would go elsewhere for future service work and ensure 3 or 4 higher level managers received snail mail explaining exactly why in great detail. Regardless, I'd also blitz the area's social media, hitting all the usuals, plus PCA, SCCA, local track forums, Cars & Coffee, etc. Yes, something like this would REALLY tick me off...now let me tell you how I really feel :mad:...!

Reactions: Raven

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
I don't recall whether your car is manual, but if so, I'd insist the dealer run a diagnostic on RPMs to see if anything was out of range recently (if time of occurence can be determined?).

·
Registered
86 Posts
^PDK. I had to turn the cheek and keep driving home, otherwise I'd have made a scene I may have regretted later.

It didn't occur to me to get the ECU checked for the actual driving conditions experienced--that was in April and the dealer is most of an hour drive away, and my work schedule/commitments generally doesn't allow for such even if I had thought of it and wanted to. I just chalked it up to learning, and tried to take the high road and stay calm, hoping that would have more effect than extracting the pound of flesh I really wanted to extract.

This was through Littleton Porsche (part of the Stevinson Automotive Group). And it wasn't their employees driving it--it was their local PPF third party shop that "does all our PPF for every Porsche we sell". They've a long relationship with the installer. They also returned it dirty, with PPF residue spots on the paint, and cat hair inside. What?!!! I had to clean my own car after the PPF installer had it (who is also a detailer).

I was told by the SA "we've put checks in place so this won't happen again" ... yeah, right. Lip-service.

ETA: the PPF does look well done. And the PPF on the floor models ($300k+) was well done.

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
^PDK. I had to turn the cheek and keep driving home, otherwise I'd have made a scene I may have regretted later.

It didn't occur to me to get the ECU checked for the actual driving conditions experienced--that was in April and the dealer is most of an hour drive away, and my work schedule/commitments generally doesn't allow for such even if I had thought of it and wanted to. I just chalked it up to learning, and tried to take the high road and stay calm, hoping that would have more effect than extracting the pound of flesh I really wanted to extract.

This was through Littleton Porsche (part of the Stevinson Automotive Group). And it wasn't their employees driving it--it was their local PPF third party shop that "does all our PPF for every Porsche we sell". They've a long relationship with the installer. They also returned it dirty, with PPF residue spots on the paint, and cat hair inside. What?!!! I had to clean my own car after the PPF installer had it (who is also a detailer).

I was told by the SA "we've put checks in place so this won't happen again" ... yeah, right. Lip-service.

ETA: the PPF does look well done. And the PPF on the floor models ($300k+) was well done.
Holy smokes...cat hair?!?

Note to self: Prior to presenting my key before service...record mileage and fuel level, set trip gauge to zero, and advise the service advisor what I've done and why I am taking this action.

·
Premium Member
2019 base Cayman
1,472 Posts
@Porhaus you ought to mention to the dealer that you have shared your experience online on an international Porsche enthusiast's forum and it was suggested that you contact Porsche Cars North America. Tell them you expect better of them, and anyone with whom they do business. I feel pretty good about my experiences with my local dealership, but I think a picture or two of the PCM's trip data and odometer.

·
Registered
86 Posts
^I hear ya--would have been suitable at the time. It was 4 months ago and I've made peace with it.

I hope I had influence on the dealer at the time of 'feedback' on what I found, and I'm not going to take it further at this point.

But yeah, you bet from now on I'm going to take pictures of the ODO, fuel indicator, and PCM trip data in any instance it goes in and when I get it back!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hi all,
i started to personalise mine this weekend,
so the list starts
Painted Calipers Red
fitted Black side markers
fitted carbon front air intake
fitted mesh to front bumper
carbon center console
carbon paddles
carbon pdk shifter
turbo s badge to glovebox lid
perspex wind deflector
Ghost lights to doors (Porsche crest)
View attachment 27305
View attachment 27306 View attachment 27309 View attachment 27310 View attachment 27311 View attachment 27314 View attachment 27315
May I inquire as to where you procured the "turbo" badge?

1721 - 1740 of 1775 Posts