Porsche 718 Forum banner
1741 - 1760 of 1775 Posts

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
I changed the air filter for the second time during my ownership of this car. This time I used a K&N vs BMC. I also purchased the cleaning kit with the K&N so I'll clean and oil the BMC for next use.

Last changed on July 12, 2019 and about 12k miles ago. Maybe a little too long between changes. It wasn't quite as bad as the OEM filter I changed out the last time, but it was pretty dark with grime and soot.

I also pulled the side intakes. Planned on cleaning the side intake filters that I thought were fitted RE: the TSB. Didn't realize the side intakes only received a sort of louvered insert with no real filtering capability. I guess they're just to prevent larger objects from entering. I do have RGS screens installed. They keep even smaller debris out, but I could see a lot of grime buildup inside and will remove and wash those areas when the weather is better. Pouring rain most of the day here.

Good job for a rainy day as it isn't a quick one. It's probably easier to drop the engine to do most of the work on these cars. It helps to be a contortionist if you don't lol

Here's the link to my last change with pics. What Did You Do To Your Porsche 718 Boxster/Cayman Today?

·
Registered
2021 Boxster
705 Posts
Installed and tested Car2Play for iPhone connectivity. Installed in a few minutes. Works as advertised. No lag for navigation or music. Phone calls are cake. (Currently using iPhone 11)

·
Registered
2017 718 Boxster, 2007 Cayman
112 Posts
Did an oil change on my Boxster using my new car lift, easiest oil change and filter ever, it’s amazing how easy the oil filter comes out when you are standing up
Tire Wheel Automotive parking light Vehicle Car

·
Registered
2021 Boxster GTS 4.0 - Night Blue
44 Posts

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
Did an oil change on my Boxster using my new car lift, easiest oil change and filter ever, it’s amazing how easy the oil filter comes out when you are standing up View attachment 34444
Either you are very short or the image is deceiving ;). The raised height looks somewhere between a post lift and quick jack setups. I like it. Can't make out the brand of the lift? Also, glad to see someone with a "working" garage layout similar to mine :).

·
Registered
2017 718 Boxster, 2007 Cayman
112 Posts
Either you are very short or the image is deceiving ;). The raised height looks somewhere between a post lift and quick jack setups. I like it. Can't make out the brand of the lift? Also, glad to see someone with a "working" garage layout similar to mine :).
That is as high as I can go without putting the car through the rafters. LOL
To do the oil filter removal, you remove the left rear wheel and you can stand there and reach in to the filter.
I have a seat creeper to go underneath, so you are sitting back and working underneath, so much easier than laying on your back with a few inches of space.
Its an Atlas td6mr scissor mid lift.
Next week have to replace the tranny in the 987, this will be a godsent

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
What I do to my car is mostly put great miles on it to interesting places. Earlier this week we drove out to a mountain in southern New Hampshire for a day of hiking. Today we drove out to a woods walk through the Sudbury Valley Trust trails adjacent to the Assabet River National Wildlife Refuge.

In New Hampshire:
Lunch stop

On the trail

In Sudbury:
A female Black Saddlebags

Autumn colors start early on trees with wet feet

My sweetie

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
Always glad to see your great pics! Thanks Jim!

·
Registered
2021 Boxster
705 Posts
What I do to my car is mostly put great miles on it to interesting places. Earlier this week we drove out to a mountain in southern New Hampshire for a day of hiking. Today we drove out to a woods walk through the Sudbury Valley Trust trails adjacent to the Assabet River National Wildlife Refuge.

In New Hampshire:
Lunch stop

On the trail

In Sudbury:
A female Black Saddlebags

Autumn colors start early on trees with wet feet

My sweetie
Great photos. Was just talking to friends that started a B&B in Claremont NH. It's called Carlson's Edelweiss. Beautiful 8 bedroom home with 99 acres of hiking trails, etc. Your timing is perfect. His leaves aren't changing yet so you win the "first color" award....

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
Always glad to see your great pics! Thanks Jim!
Great photos. Was just talking to friends that started a B&B in Claremont NH. It's called Carlson's Edelweiss. Beautiful 8 bedroom home with 99 acres of hiking trails, etc. Your timing is perfect. His leaves aren't changing yet so you win the "first color" award....
Thanks, Treemagnet, Raven. My pleasure to share our adventures. I should have taken some car pics in New Hampshire but when we came off the trail we were hungry and it was late. B&B in Claremont, nice!

·
Registered
2021 Boxster
705 Posts
Yesterday: took Bumblebee to a Veteran's Park where I live for a 9/11 Memorial. Wasn't appropriate to photograph the Bee at the time but the hosts put her right under the flags for all the different services and, of course, Old Glory. Very special moment.

1741 - 1760 of 1775 Posts