Porsche 718 Forum banner
1761 - 1775 of 1775 Posts

·
Registered
2017 718 Boxster, 2007 Cayman
112 Posts
What a great way to experience the 718 Cayman GTS. Las Vegas speedway has exotics and Porsche Caymans for rent at an affordable price. I wanted to see what our cars are like on a raceway. I was really impressed in the balance of this car. I pushed it and it never felt like it would get away from me, just a gradual slip, very manageable, and the brakes are unbelievable, the instructor kept telling me to brake at 120 mph when hitting brake zone, I felt like i was braking too early, I wanted to brake really late as the car was composed.. These cars are so refined and so unbelievable. They never cease to amaze.
Car Wheel Vehicle Sky Automotive mirror

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
I went back to the Slammer lol

Car Vehicle Gear shift Motor vehicle Steering part

Though the Raceseng Nitro does what it claims in terms of remaining cool in the sun, and it does look pretty nice, it just felt small. And oddly enough, I was having some difficulty with it. I was constantly hitting reverse instead of 1st when shifting from neutral. I have no such issue with the Slammer. I'm not sure why that's the case other than maybe the Nitro provides a bit more leverage? I know the Nitro may have a more "integrated look" as was pointed out by another poster, I have to go with function over form. The Slammer just feels and works better for me. I also think it looks pretty darn good :)

·
Registered
2,226 Posts
Took her to high ground!!!... (my son's townhouse, he has an extra space). Tropical Storm/(Hurricane?) Nicholas is coming to H-town... The subterranean garage in our condo flooded during Harvey...

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
Took her to high ground!!!... (my son's townhouse, he has an extra space). Tropical Storm/(Hurricane?) Nicholas is coming to H-town... The subterranean garage in our condo flooded during Harvey...
Hopefully Nicholas won’t amount to anything and you all will stay safe and dry.

·
Premium Member
2019 base Cayman
1,472 Posts
I went back to the Slammer lol

Though the Raceseng Nitro does what it claims in terms of remaining cool in the sun, and it does look pretty nice, it just felt small. And oddly enough, I was having some difficulty with it. I was constantly hitting reverse instead of 1st when shifting from neutral. I have no such issue with the Slammer. I'm not sure why that's the case other than maybe the Nitro provides a bit more leverage? I know the Nitro may have a more "integrated look" as was pointed out by another poster, I have to go with function over form. The Slammer just feels and works better for me. I also think it looks pretty darn good :)
I'm betting your hand position on the knob was different between the two. For example, the Slammer might be more comfortable with a more fore/aft arm and hand position and a grip with the fingers, where the Nitro was more comfortable encasing it with your hand, making your hand more prominent on the right side of the knob. I'm pretty sure that was part of my issue with the stock shifter, even after the short shifter switch.

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
Well, Nicholas did not amount to much(y), back to our regular programming!... :LOL:
Glad to hear the great news and you all are were spared. Oddly, Nicholas won't even send any rain bands our way...hopefully, any precipitation you receive is completely insignificant.

Reactions: Raven

·
Registered
2021 Boxster
705 Posts
Had to put it to sleep for a few weeks. Love bugs have arrived.
Bumblebee is my daily. No sleep possible. But ceramic coating works just fine. :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: JazzCatGab

·
Registered
106 Posts
What a great way to experience the 718 Cayman GTS. Las Vegas speedway has exotics and Porsche Caymans for rent at an affordable price. I wanted to see what our cars are like on a raceway. I was really impressed in the balance of this car. I pushed it and it never felt like it would get away from me, just a gradual slip, very manageable, and the brakes are unbelievable, the instructor kept telling me to brake at 120 mph when hitting brake zone, I felt like i was braking too early, I wanted to brake really late as the car was composed.. These cars are so refined and so unbelievable. They never cease to amaze.
It's their job to tell you when to brake, not to let you explore the limits of a car you don't own. lol. You have to respect that.

With that being said, I heard some people upgrade their base/S cars with GTS brakes and now I'm curious. lol.

1761 - 1775 of 1775 Posts