Porsche 718 Forum banner

What Did You Do To Your Porsche 718 Boxster/Cayman Today?

653K views 5K replies 421 participants last post by  lsturbointeg 
#1 ·
Share what you did to your 718 Boxster/Cayman with the community!

Example: I took her out of the garage and gave her a nice bath and followed up with a coat of wax.

Example: Finally got my window tints done, now I can't open my windows for a week

Example: Installed the Tubi exhaust rear section, now looking for a tune.

Anything goes....

#2,684 ·
Did the faceplate mod yesterday from Black to Racing Yellow for both RPM and MPH. These are the "factory" plates and not a third party rip-off. Recommendation for new buyers. Pick your color and have this done during the ordering process. Existing owners: PM me if you need the name of the wizard that did mine. He's really good.
Bottom line: Huge difference in daytime visibility with the color really helping. Night time: Coolness factor is through the roof.

Speedometer Vehicle Odometer Car Tachometer

#2,698 · (Edited)
Took Bumblebee to a Western themed watering hole near my home. Had an oven fired pizza to die for. Headed out to pick up my steed. Small crowd gathered on the sidewalk. Conversations like:
"What color is it?" (Racing Yellow)
"Can we photograph you heading off into the sunset?"
"How does it handle"
"You have a matching coffee cup!"
"Love the wheels"
"My husband needs to get one of these"
"Start it up"

All true except for number 2..... It was high noon..... But they did want to photograph me leaving.....

A day in the life of the Bee

#2,699 ·
Probably going to the drive in for a malt later, but today we took the Porsche Torpedo boat on a Milwaukee River Cruise. There was the first ever Red Bull Flugtag happening on the Michigan lake front at Veterans Park. Looking closely you will see one of the gliders attempts at flight before plunging into the cold Lake Michigan water. Other pictures of the Calatrava Art museum and the Harley Davidson museum.
Cloud Water Sky Daytime Boat
Water Sky Cloud Building Water resources
Water Boat Sky Watercraft Vehicle
Water Sky Plant Cloud Property
Water Sky Vertebrate Watercraft Boats and boating--Equipment and supplies
Sky Water Cloud Building Lake

#2,703 ·
Popped the bezel off the SC chronometer and rubberized it with black Plasti Dip so that its reflection won't show up in my dash cam videos so easily. Have a KYPCA outing coming up Saturday and will test it out and see if it helps.

#2,704 ·

Example: I took her out of the garage and gave her a nice bath and followed up with a coat of wax.

Example: Finally got my . Lake Districtwindow tints done, now I can't open my windows for a week

Anything goes....
Drove new Cayman the length of England and back again. I drove from the lake District to near Folkstone and back again on the same day, about 800 plus miles and I was mightily impressed.

Example: Finally got my window tints done, now I can't open my windows for a week

Anything goes....
Drove 800 plus miles in one day in my new Cayman and I was very impressed. Achieved 40 plus mpg I wasn't hanging about either although I do practice driving to save fuel. No aches or pains despite the seats being just the basic, (2 litre ) Cayman.
Restored my faith in Porsche as I have an ongoing dispute about a defecive panel when it was delivered and I was not going to buy another if it wasn't sorted

#2,705 ·
Washed her up this morning after a nice 2 day PCA fun run in Western VA near WV line (about 550 miles of great driving roads, good food and new friends). Had to talk my wife into going because she was afraid the conversation would be all pistons, tires and car care, and was pleasantly surprised it wasn't :) - she's also a good navigator to boot, and she drove the last leg home when she didn't have to keep up with everyone (y) . Let me say @Treemagnet that NA 4.0 is amazingly responsive when you're north of 4500 RPM in 2nd, as I diligently demonstrated to my copilot many times, just to be sure she noticed :ROFLMAO:.

I also found the Cayman twin to my Boxster, both are Night Blue GTS 4.0s (tho she was a year younger), pretty cool. Our group also had a 991.2 Targa GTS and Carrera GTS (in PTS Voodoo Blue), '97 993 C2S, 981 Cayman and a couple of 991.2 Ss. Great fun! I was surprised that out of all 17 cars, only me and a 21 Spyder were drop tops.

Last pic is this AM back at home, cleaned, and in her stable :)

Car Land vehicle Plant Vehicle Tire

Mirror Automotive side-view mirror Car Land vehicle Wheel

Car Land vehicle Wheel Tire Vehicle

Wheel Car Vehicle Land vehicle Tire

Tire Wheel Automotive parking light Car Land vehicle

#2,727 ·
We had a drive out to North Yorkshire and the Dale's.
Started out with the Sunday cars and coffee at The Motorist in the village of Sherburn in Elmet.

Then we went on to look at Beningbrough Hall and Gardens near York
Sky Plant Building Property Window

We then headed back via Fountains Abbey in Nidderdale and Brimham rocks. Driving through small towns and villages and on county roads, we got 31.2 mpg imperial
Glasses Smile Cloud Plant Sky

Cloud Sky Plant Natural landscape Bedrock

Cloud Sky Plant Ecoregion Natural landscape