Porsche 718 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is nuts. Happened to be driving by Suncoast tonight and took a spin around their lot. $122k for a used 2021 Boxster S? They also had a 2021 base for $107k. There was nothing new on the lot and only a handful of used ones. But anyone paying this price has more money than brains. IMHO.

Font Parallel Paper Paper product Circle

·
Registered
420 Posts
This is nuts. Happened to be driving by Suncoast tonight and took a spin around their lot. $122k for a used 2021 Boxster S? They also had a 2021 base for $107k. There was nothing new on the lot and only a handful of used ones. But anyone paying this price has more money than brains. IMHO.

View attachment 37821
Full disclosure... I moved on from a certain dealer early on in my hunt, after a deposit.

·
Registered
2021 Boxster
1,461 Posts
Finally! An investment that goes UP..... Time to head to Vegas....

• Haha
Reactions: Treemagnet

·
Premium Member
2022 Spyder GT Ag
1,312 Posts
It will be interesting to see if this lasts. I also wonder what the actual sale price will be on those cars at Suncoast.

My insurance valued the Spyder at $145k for total payout purposes based on their market price data. MSRP is $129. First time that’s happened to me when adding a new car to the policy. Interesting times.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
It's tempting me to find out what they would offer for my Boxster. Not that I am looking to sell, but just curious what the spread would be.

·
Registered
129 Posts
It's tempting me to find out what they would offer for my Boxster. Not that I am looking to sell, but just curious what the spread would be.
Yea, same thoughts, but what would you replace it with?

Reactions: Raven

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Wasn't planning on selling. But if the offer was crazy good I might. Late last year my dealer at home had an allocation for a base Boxster. They weren't marking up from MSRP either. But they were offering well under market for my '17. I like my car and really wasn't motivated to trade for pretty much the same car that I would order.

·
Registered
2020 Boxster 718 S, Chalk, "Bella Beast"
133 Posts
Crazy times!

If they're like most dealers today, they've nothing else to sell because all the other crazy-ask-priced ones have sold. Their data/experience allows them to price it like that--they're professionals at the pricing negotiating game and so they're doing what the market supports.

I'm amazed I negotiated 10% below MSRP for my new 2020 well-optioned BS, in April 2021. No doubt that dealer regrets that! (I don't! :D)

·
Registered
94 Posts
I am getting nervous about my car which is being delivered in a few weeks. I am worried the dealer might pull some none-sense on me with some dealer charges and whatnot. They have everything to win by pissing me off. They keep the car and I am sure can sell it over MSRP now. If I say no I am not paying more than we agreed or they throw some new fee, yes I can walk and get my deposit back, but they win. I just hope they don't try something. Crazy times!

·
Registered
69 Posts
I am getting nervous about my car which is being delivered in a few weeks. I am worried the dealer might pull some none-sense on me with some dealer charges and whatnot. They have everything to win by pissing me off. They keep the car and I am sure can sell it over MSRP now. If I say no I am not paying more than we agreed or they throw some new fee, yes I can walk and get my deposit back, but they win. I just hope they don't try something. Crazy times!
I was nervous of the same thing happening when I picked up my Spyder last week. I was at MSRP+$5k but the market is full of piranha with deep pockets in Southern Cali. Everything went off without a hitch other than the finance guy rushing me along.

·
Super Moderator
2,213 Posts
I assume, since you paid a deposit, that you have a contract. It might pay to read it and find out how firm the cost is.
Also, pissing you off may not pay in the long term. There's a lot of money to be made on maintenance that could go to someone else.

·
Registered
94 Posts
I assume, since you paid a deposit, that you have a contract. It might pay to read it and find out how firm the cost is.
Also, pissing you off may not pay in the long term. There's a lot of money to be made on maintenance that could go to someone else.
Yes, I am hoping that they do care. I am local and this is the only dealership near me so was planning on all my maintenance there. Fingers crossed!

·
Registered
39 Posts
Dealing with out of state dealership, so I have same concerns. So far they seemed OK with no indication that they would try to pull a fast one on me like couple of other places I spoke to before ordering from them.

I put a deposit down, have the receipt and negotiated price summary with breakdown of all fees, but no “contract” of any kind was offered.

I don’t think I have it in me to start the process all over again. After dealing with multiple places trying to charge ADM, if this one falls through I’m ordering a Tesla.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts