Porsche 718 Forum banner

Did you get an allocation in the last 2 months?

41 - 48 of 48 Posts

Premium Member
I don't think it's 'living in fantasy land' when one expects a luxury car brand to not allow its dealers to be above board with their customers and to make sure that what price is on the brands website and car building software vs. what their licensed reps/dealers tell you? To me that is false advertising and bait and switch?
It would definitely be unethical and illegal if they failed to disclose the MSRP. But I haven't seen a dealer do that. The dealers I've been talking to don't say "the price will be 140". They say the price is 130 plus a market adjustment of $10k given the conditions. That's been very clear.

I don't think that's false advertising. Maybe you could say that Porsche should make it more clear on their website that final pricing is up to the retailer. I'm pretty sure they have a statement to that effect, but maybe they can make it more prominent

But the alternative is to wait. In my case I had other hobbies and work which took me out of the car hobby for a couple of years. And right now I"m really back into it and it's worth extra to me to go with that enjoyment now. But it's very likely that if I waited to 2023 or 24 I could save some money. That doesn't feel like it's worth a few thousand dollars to me right now. This is a toy, it's not some big financial decision or it doesn't have major financial impact hopefully for most people (if it does, that's a different issue)

Registered
Discussion Starter · #42 ·
The dealers I've been talking to don't say "the price will be 140". They say the price is 130 plus a market adjustment of $10k given the conditions. That's been very clear.

I don't think that's false advertising. Maybe you could say that Porsche should make it more clear on their website that final pricing is up to the retailer. I'm pretty sure they have a statement to that effect, but maybe they can make it more prominent

But the alternative is to wait.
True, that's what I was told as well, but I still think it is poor brand representation. They really don't need to stoop to this kind of nonsense to sell their cars. I am pretty sure that European customers would be up in arms if Porsche dealers would pull these stunts?

Registered
I don't think it's 'living in fantasy land' when one expects a luxury car brand to not allow its dealers to be above board with their customers and to make sure that what price is on the brands website and car building software vs. what their licensed reps/dealers tell you? To me that is false advertising and bait and switch?

OK, good luck (y) I'll rev one out to 8k for you while you wait.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #44 · (Edited)
OK, good luck (y) I'll rev one out to 8k for you while you wait.
No need to be snarky. I am NOT waiting, but just went to a different dealer and SA that I had been working with in parallel and finalized the deal with ZERO mark up and firm order.

Moral of the story, I voted with my money and common sense.

Reactions: Treemagnet

Registered
No need to ne snarky. I am NOT waiting, but just went to a different dealer and SA that I had been working with in parallel and finalized the deal with ZERO mark up and firm order.

No Snark but if you interpreted snark, maybe you need to relax.

Premium Member
No need to ne snarky. I am NOT waiting, but just went to a different dealer and SA that I had been working with in parallel and finalized the deal with ZERO mark up and firm order.

yeah, you found the right answer. Obviously if I could have found a dealer with a Spyder build slot in this calendar year available at MSRP, I'd have taken it. But I couldn't find that. So that wasn't an available choice.

And it's definitely not going to be an available choice for a GT3T in the US, unless you bought a 918. I tried 10 dealers on that car and they all had substantial ADMs. You'd have to be a real VIP to get a GT3T at MSRP, and I'm not that.

Reactions: Moin66

Registered
Discussion Starter · #47 ·
yeah, you found the right answer. Obviously if I could have found a dealer with a Spyder build slot in this calendar year available at MSRP, I'd have taken it. But I couldn't find that. So that wasn't an available choice.

And it's definitely not going to be an available choice for a GT3T in the US, unless you bought a 918. I tried 10 dealers on that car and they all had substantial ADMs. You'd have to be a real VIP to get a GT3T at MSRP, and I'm not that.
Sorry to hear that about the model you are looking for and associated ADMs. That sucks!

Registered
what? Are you familiar with car business in the US? Common practice. And a fairly reasonable ask given the current circumstances. Don鈥檛 want to pay, then you can wait and hope.

Dont get me wrong, I鈥榤 not a fan of this practice but I am also living in reality not some fantasyland.
I don't like the practice either, but that's capitalism, which always beats the alternative (i.e. perpetually waiting in line for a product that will never be delivered).

Reactions: Spyder bite
41 - 48 of 48 Posts