Porsche 718 Forum banner

21 - 40 of 44 Posts

Registered
Yup.
Either "the Porsche" or "the Boxster".
I only take nationality into consideration when naming cats.馃榿 Russian names for Russian Blues, East African names for Abyssinians.
I agree. Names are for people and pets and that goes for love too. Go ahead and love your wife and your dog but please don't tell me you love your car.

Registered
My 718 is named "Blueman." It is Gentian Blue Metallic Cayman. :)

Reactions: chester7

Registered
I agree. Names are for people and pets and that goes for love too. Go ahead and love your wife and your dog but please don't tell me you love your car.
I can't resist. Besides my 718, all of my cars have female L names: Lucy, Lolita, Lacey, Luanne. If I buy a 4C I'll need a 'wicked' L name. Suggestions welcome!!

Registered
I can't resist. Besides my 718, all of my cars have female L names: Lucy, Lolita, Lacey, Luanne. If I buy a 4C I'll need a 'wicked' L name. Suggestions welcome!!
LUCINDA

Registered
2019 Boxster GTS
I'm another one of those folks who don't name cars. I go through them too quickly and I don't always... "get it" I guess, with the names. The Cayman was "The Cayman" because I only had the one Cayman. The 718 GTS is "the yellow car," the '04 SE is "the silver car," and the '01 I just sold was "the red car," because with three Boxsters, you can't say "The Porsche" or "The Boxster" and have anyone in the house understand which car you mean. And now that I'm down to 2 Boxsters, we still have to differentiate by color. :)

Registered
I guess I'm a little boring (probably comes from being an accountant), but my 718S is called "my car" and my wife's suv is called "your car". :rolleyes:

Premium Member
Carmen the Cayman.

Reactions: Tulkinghorn

Registered
IMHO, it must be Lorena!

Reactions: Tulkinghorn

Registered
My Cayman is named Portia, seemingly obvious but apparently uncommon. Previous car names were Gina (Fiat 124 Spider), Gretchen (Porsche 912), Madam X (Fiat X-1/9), Zero (Datsun 510), Blitzen (VW Dasher), Percy (Triumph Spitfire 1500), Nigel (Triumph GT6+), and a series of nondescript names for a series of Dodge Caravans. Pick any name you want as long as it fits!

Registered
2018 718 Boxster GTS
I'm on #4; all German girls' names:

1. Silke (heavenly)
2. Senta (holy)
3. Elfriede (elf-strength)
4. Mina (love)

Registered
2020 Boxster 718 S, Chalk, "Bella Beast"
Odd, but I woke up the other night and the name Bella Beast came to mind for mine.

She's beautiful, classy, alluring, and appears innocent. Yet she's also got a bit of wild animal underneath, willing to shed those pretenses and let the beast out!
:D

21 - 40 of 44 Posts