Porsche 718 Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This puzzle has been perplexing me. The color seatbelts are without a doubt one of the best options available, but both red and yellow would clash with orange exterior.

Why doesn't porsche offer the orange seatbelts?

WHAT CAN I DO

·
Premium Member
2,455 Posts
This puzzle has been perplexing me. The color seatbelts are without a doubt one of the best options available, but both red and yellow would clash with orange exterior.

WHAT CAN I DO
Porsche offers certain options and not others and the reasons are pretty obscure. I remember when Nick Murray was configuring his C4S he wanted Chalk colored seat belts but Porsche elected not to offer that color option that year. The following year they introduced Chalk which I fortunate to be able to order on my CS.

The colored seat belts are a fun addition so I recommend you talk to your SA to see if they could offer the orange seat belts in the Porsche Exclusive Manufaktur division. Though, if offered it would cost a bit more than what they currently charge for colored seat belts on the configurator.

·
Registered
143 Posts

WHAT CAN I DO

What color is the interior?

·
Premium Member
2,455 Posts
Just to illustrate how confusing Porsche can be. When I configured my 3RS I could have the Lizard Green seat belts and the leather interior in Black/Lizard Green with the bucket seats but not with the 18-ways. If I select the 18 ways and have the leather interior in Black/Lizard Green and want to select the Lizard Green seat belts it prompts me to drop the leather interior in Black/Lizard Green and select the standard Black interior or the leather Black interior. Why???? Currently, sent off an e-mail to my SA to see what they recommend since really would like the LG seat belts.

·
Registered
318 Posts
There are 2 aftermarket companies that offer colored seat belts. Can’t recall the names but I’m going to have mine done in red this winter. I think about $250-300 for both. There are a lot of color options.

·
Premium Member
2,455 Posts
There are 2 aftermarket companies that offer colored seat belts. Can’t recall the names but I’m going to have mine done in red this winter. I think about $250-300 for both. There are a lot of color options.

If you can find the companies names please pass it along it will help our members; thanks!

·
Registered
508 Posts
I'm thinking stick with black. I'm also thinking you can go silver gray belts but then you night want to go with deviated stitching. At that point you might as well go GTS and get the GTS package in chaulk.

OK, so I just added 20K to your build..but what the heck..it's a Porsche!! In a year you'll forget how much you spent but the car will still be in your garage...>:D

·
Registered
246 Posts
Our lava orange came with black seat belts but we’d love them in lava orange if we can get them. I know you can order them for the 911, but not sure if the seat belts are the same part number for the Cayman/Boxster.

·
Super Moderator
1,953 Posts
Our lava orange came with black seat belts but we’d love them in lava orange if we can get them. I know you can order them for the 911, but not sure if the seat belts are the same part number for the Cayman/Boxster.
Technically seat belts are a 'consumable', so a quick search should provide sources of replacements.

·
Registered
474 Posts
Technically seat belts are a 'consumable', so a quick search should provide sources of replacements.
...only one color that looks good (until you can get aftermarket Lava Orange belts)...black! Any other available color will only detract from that stunning Lava Orange exterior...my personal favorite and color of choice! ?

·
Registered
246 Posts
I think you’re making it overly simplistic. Sure, I can go to a repair shop and get new belts....I want to make sure they color match. That’s the rub.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts