Porsche 718 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 208 Posts

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just curious what tires these are coming with from the factory, and how wheel choices may affect that, or if there's anything else that affects it. I'm a bit of a tire nerd.

So far in my limited survey I've seen Goodyear Eagle F1s and Pirelli P-Zeros. Both were on 20" wheels. The configurator shows Michelin tires on the example car.

·
Registered
47 Posts
From what I've seen at my local dealership, the 20 inch wheels have P Zeros. I didn't look closely at the 19 inch wheels.

·
Super Moderator
1,955 Posts
Porsche won't guarantee any specific tyre on a new car--but they are all tested by Porsche and homologated to that model. Realistically the tyre tests show only minor differences in performance between any of the Porsche 'N' approved tyres and I doubt I could tell the difference on the road--maybe on a track but I don't track.

My 718 Boxster 18" wheels were shod with P Zeros.

Greg

·
Premium Member
2,455 Posts
Not being able to look at my vehicle except in the scant few pictures my SA sent....if I enlarge one of the images in particular I can see they are in fact Yokohama tires (19 inch).

·
Registered
10 Posts
18" Goodyear F1's on my Base. Not that impressed with grip, but still taking it "easy".

·
Registered
112 Posts
2017 Cayman S recent delivery, 20" wheels with Goodyear Eagle F1s.
I asked about swapping 18" wheels onto it, considering deteriorating pavement, but they said it would reduce handling and talked me out of it...

Doug

·
Registered
716 Posts
19" Yokohama Advans on my 718 CS. Really grippy - more so than the Michelin Super Sports on my 987 CS. Not sure about how long they last though.

·
Super Moderator
1,887 Posts
19" Yokohama Advans on my 718 CS. Really grippy - more so than the Michelin Super Sports on my 987 CS. Not sure about how long they last though.
I got the same Yokos on my car. It's got a 240 treadwear rating, which is so-so for Max Summers. All indications are that it's a relatively stiff but sticky tire that's the performance equal of the Bridgestone Potenza but will wear quicker -- and neither are quite as good as the king o' the Max Summer heap, the Michelin Pilot Sport 4S (replaced the Pilot Super Sport late last year).

·
Registered
716 Posts
I got the same Yokos on my car. It's got a 240 treadwear rating, which is so-so for Max Summers. All indications are that it's a relatively stiff but sticky tire that's the performance equal of the Bridgestone Potenza but will wear quicker -- and neither are quite as good as the king o' the Max Summer heap, the Michelin Pilot Sport 4S (replaced the Pilot Super Sport late last year).
I really like the Michelins. I think when it comes time to replace these Advans I'll get the Pilot Sport 4S ones.

Also, looking at Tire Rack the Advans are really expensive compared to everything else.

·
Super Moderator
1,887 Posts
I really like the Michelins. I think when it comes time to replace these Advans I'll get the Pilot Sport 4S ones.

Also, looking at Tire Rack the Advans are really expensive compared to everything else.
The PS4Ss really are superior overall to everything else -- particularly regarding tread wear. They should last longer than almost every other Max Summer tire on the market, to boot. The only bugaboo they have is that they tend to be noisy on less-than-perfect pavement ... and, honestly, if you're overly concerned about road noise in a 718, you're doing it wrong, LOL. >:D

1 - 20 of 208 Posts