Porsche 718 Forum banner

161 - 180 of 185 Posts

·
Registered
687 Posts
I don't hate them, but does anyone use the garment hangers on the back of the headrests? Neither my wife or I are particularly tall and our seat positions would seem to prevent any meaningful use of them. I've never really paid any attention to them until today, so like the built-in cup holders they are mostly out-of-sight-out-of-mind and a useless accessory to me. They do add a bit of silver bling from the rear though.

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
I use cupholders a bit.

·
Registered
931 Posts
I hate driving behind left foot brake drivers. Foot is always tapping the brakes or even resting on it. Bad form unless you're on a track or doing a stunt.

·
Registered
831 Posts
I use both the cup holders as long as the cups or water bottles are leakproof. The seat hooks have been used for lightweight jackets, etc.

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
Left-foot braking is the technique of using the left foot to operate the brake pedal in an automobile, leaving the right foot dedicated to the throttle pedal. Full explanation:
Left-foot braking - Wikipedia
I think most of us know what left-foot braking is. The thing is, regardless of what Wikipedia says, it isn't often a good idea. Of course back when we learned to drive manual gearboxes you used the left foot for the clutch only, right foot for the accelerator and brake. When we switched over to automatics the rule was you didn't use your left foot at all. Because why? Or rather, because why not? Because you should be either on the accelerator or on the brake but never both at the same time. Otherwise it is too easy to unintentionally drag the brake unnecessarily. That's a waste of energy. And it really irritates the drivers behind you.

·
Registered
529 Posts
At least the cup holders aren't actuated through the PCM interface (yet).

Reactions: DriveInHouston

·
Registered
489 Posts
I think most of us know what left-foot braking is. The thing is, regardless of what Wikipedia says, it isn't often a good idea. Of course back when we learned to drive manual gearboxes you used the left foot for the clutch only, right foot for the accelerator and brake. When we switched over to automatics the rule was you didn't use your left foot at all. Because why? Or rather, because why not? Because you should be either on the accelerator or on the brake but never both at the same time. Otherwise it is too easy to unintentionally drag the brake unnecessarily. That's a waste of energy. And it really irritates the drivers behind you.
I see,thanks for pointing that out, we don't see this often in my country, most cars are manual. Left foot braking in that sense is like letting your foot rest on the clutch pedal and not a real technique rather a bad habit. One thing about left foot braking (as the technique for transfer and trailing) is that you need to practice the feeling in your left foot, so I use my left foot often to brake just to keep the sensitivity in my foot.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Hi guys,
I don´t have the car yet but I'm reading as much as I can...

- The standard aluminum-look interior trim. It stains easily, is difficult to polish, and the issues with glare are known (I don't have that latter issue, thankfully). Had I known all of this, I'd have sprung for the brushed real aluminum trim for @ $1K when I ordered the car.

Does anybody here has the "Leather interior package (with leather interior)"

·
Registered
931 Posts
I have that in my GTS. Deletion of Alacantra with full leather seats and Porsche crest on the headrest. Wish the car was spec'd with contrasting stitching, contrasting seatbelts and leather dash, but overall it's still a very good look even without that. The carbon fiber helps. What's your question?

·
Registered
22 Posts
have that in my GTS. Deletion of Alacantra with full leather seats and Porsche crest on the headrest. Wish the car was spec'd with contrasting stitching, contrasting seatbelts and leather dash, but overall it's still a very good look even without that. The carbon fiber helps. What's your question?
A simple question, just to know how it adapts to the car. I mean, the quality of the finish.
You know, the photos in the car configurator do not match reality.
Your dashboard looks nice.
I don't like so much contrast in general; so, since I still have time before Porsche blocks the allocation, I'm thinking of ordering the Leather Interior package.

·
Registered
720 Posts
I think most of us know what left-foot braking is. The thing is, regardless of what Wikipedia says, it isn't often a good idea.....….
I actually think some of you may have misunderstood my previous reference to left-foot braking.
I'm referring to its usage on a race track or for auto-crossing.
I'm not familiar with the Wikipedia reference.
I would really have no interest in left-foot braking on the street since it would coupled with very aggressive and inappropriately fast driving on public roads.
It sounds like some of you have run into drivers who rest their left foot on the brake pedal in normal traffic. I really haven't noticed this that I recall, but I agree: that would be annoying.
But that not what I was referring to.
For example, I use left-foot braking in some of the manual transmission race cars I drive. This helps with transitioning car weight during very high slip angles at high speed. And it can be used to help "rotate" the car at racing speeds.
The brake pedal on the 718 is harder to access with my left foot than even some of the, 3-pedal manual trans cars I have raced.

Reactions: CupraLeon

·
Registered
931 Posts
A simple question, just to know how it adapts to the car. I mean, the quality of the finish.
You know, the photos in the car configurator do not match reality.
Your dashboard looks nice.
I don't like so much contrast in general; so, since I still have time before Porsche blocks the allocation, I'm thinking of ordering the Leather Interior package.
The quality isn't an issue. It's all well put together. The materials have a of quality and black on black is a classic "sports car" look IMO. Some people prefer the leather dash. I would have as well, but also don't think the look is diminished by not having it. I didn't order my car. It's a pre-owned. Had I ordered it, I would have gone a bit further with the interior options.

·
Registered
931 Posts
@aeronca65tl NYC taxi drivers are notorious for left foot braking and resting their foot on the brake. They're always trying to grab fares and or spots to pull over to pick up fares. I guess left foot braking helps, but it's annoying to drive behind someone doing it.

·
Registered
720 Posts
@aeronca65tl NYC taxi drivers are notorious for left foot braking and resting their foot on the brake. ...
Sounds very annoying. I would agree the taxi drivers practice is inappropriate.

Also, it's very different than what I do on track.

·
Registered
456 Posts
@Nomada I have the full leather interior package in my 982 Cayman and in my opinion it is finished quite nicely. The leather surfaces and especially the stitching give it a more luxurious feel than the partial leather in my 981 Cayman. I also specced the "Interior trim painted in exterior color" option on the 982 which I like much more than the standard faux-aluminum on the 981.

NC-04s .JPG NC-05s.jpg OC-04s.JPG

·
Registered
508 Posts
Hi guys,
I don´t have the car yet but I'm reading as much as I can...

Does anybody here has the "Leather interior package (with leather interior)"
View attachment 25793
I believe I have what you're asking about, although it is in a Chalk/Black instead of an all black interior. I felt the standard fake chrome looked a little down market in the car, and also presented, in my case, three separate interior colors. Because I was essentially working with black and white, I gave a lot of thought to the carbon fiber, but ultimately I thought a little bit of carbon fiber didn't really belong in my interior.

I'll try to grab some pictures and be right back.

161 - 180 of 185 Posts