Porsche 718 Forum banner

21 - 40 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Short shifter on all manuals is a good call.
LED headlights and dual zone climate control as standard (its 2020 for crying out loud)
Less weight if at all possible.
Cup holder either removed or not hanging over the PCM
Electric parking brake on the centre console

·
Registered
751 Posts
1. GTS gets the 4.0 to properly differentiate from S.
The current GTS is what the GTS has always been. An S with a bit of a power bump and most/all of the "go-fast" bits added. This new GTS would be a change in what GTS is for Porsche.

5. Cabin refresh - things like Wireless CarPlay with wireless charging.
Yes, but I assume this would come along with the "upgrade" to PCM 4.1 or whatever it's called. Right now the 718 is the only model on the "old" system.

·
Registered
6 Posts
1. Wireless phone charging and wireless Apple CarPlay.
2. Keyless entry/operation with phone (like a Tesla).
3. More power? Can never have too much power... ;)
4. Borrow some interior design cues from the MK7 GTI. No, this is not meant as an insult. The controls of the GTI are very well thought out and are, IMO, more ergonomic than Porsche's and it's obvious they already share some DNA. No walls of tiny buttons. PDK/DSG selector that clearly indicates what setting it is in. Keyless is a button instead of the silly twist car key - I really don't want to carry a key fob anyway (see point 2).

·
Registered
522 Posts
I'd add a dipstick for folks like me
Make oil changes more manageable for the DIYers - add a "hatch" or easy-on-easy-off carriage assembly
Make 35W bulbs the minimum
Install cup holders that don't fold out from the dash
Get rid of auto stop
And most of the others already suggested

·
Registered
233 Posts
Have to be careful making changes because the car is so perfect now making changes might cause more harm than good.

1. Wireless Apple Car Play.
2. Make the HVAC system and variable display return to the setting/configuration when the car was last shut down.
3. Add built in Dash Cam recording both front and rear views.

The next two change might be too expensive wrt design/manufacturing to be practical.

3. Replace the 100% useless analog speedometer with something useful (a second variable display?).
4. Add a HUD (especially in the Macan because I am thinking of replacing my X3 with a Macan).

I would also ban using the word "Turbo" to name a car that does not have a turbo charger. Using "Turbo" as a name for an all electric model is disingenuous, misleading, and annoying.

·
Super Moderator
1,716 Posts
Have to disagree. The Cayman grew out of the Boxster, which was named for Boxer-Roadster. There is no lineage there that leads to an all-new, electric car. Such a vehicle necessitates an all-new name, just as the Taycan was not e-Panamera.
Ummm ... you're talking about a company that uses 'Turbo' as a model-designation term on the Taycan, so I wouldn't put a 'Boxster' EV past Porsche at ALL. 'Boxster' is a stronger brand than literal designation.

·
Registered
500 Posts
Ummm ... you're talking about a company that uses 'Turbo' as a model-designation term on the Taycan, so I wouldn't put a 'Boxster' EV past Porsche at ALL. 'Boxster' is a stronger brand than literal designation.
Ah yes, but in the context of the OP’s thread, we are the CEO. So for our little mental exercise, none of that matters.

·
Registered
71 Posts
I would make the engine accessible and + a million on the oil change thing!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Beef up the knob which controls instrument lighting & resets the mileage. Maybe have lighting control on the steering wheeel?

·
Registered
29 Posts
PCM 5.0 with Voice Commands and wireless CarPlay and Android Auto integration.
Absolutely! Lack of voice commands to control android phone is a big downer for me.

·
Registered
233 Posts
One more thing I did not mention in my post above. No matter if opening or closing the top, the windows always automatically close at the end of the cycle. I would like to have the option to determine what happens to the Windows at the end of the cycle. Closing when closing the top makes sense and is consistent with what I would mostly want to happen. However, when opening the top, I personally, prefer to have the windows also open but now I always have to do that manually after they start to close. No big deal, but neither are the many other automated features that are just nice to have.

·
Registered
374 Posts
One more thing I did not mention in my post above. No matter if opening or closing the top, the windows always automatically close at the end of the cycle. I would like to have the option to determine what happens to the Windows at the end of the cycle. Closing when closing the top makes sense and is consistent with what I would mostly want to happen. However, when opening the top, I personally, prefer to have the windows also open but now I always have to do that manually after they start to close. No big deal, but neither are the many other automated features that are just nice to have.
Add the SmartTop module to gain not only the control over the window positions as you desire but other things as well! I had it on my Boxster, awesome!

21 - 40 of 57 Posts