Porsche 718 Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1,887 Posts
As someone with those very 19s powder coated gloss black (and with a different opinion than @duegatti, but with due respect), I think that car looks great with the OEM silver wheels, but would look just as good with black as long as it's on the right style of wheel (See other threads on this).

Rather than defer to our opinions, you really should make the decision yourself, OP. That's all that matters. Our views certainly don't (and, frankly, shouldn't)!

·
Super Moderator
1,887 Posts
Wait a minute Viffermike, my opinions are almost always superior to any others!:x
LOL! That's funny: So are mine!

:laughabov

·
Registered
161 Posts
Black wheels look better on light colored cars IMHO. Your car looks good the way it is.

How you like your TECHART springs? That’s my next mod now that my 20” are here.

Rippey

·
Registered
388 Posts
It looks good stock- as is right now. I also think it would look great in polished or matte black as well. Good news is, you cant really go wrong with either one of those combos... I would personally keep the stock color for a while, then when I get bored of it, powdercoat in matte black... But like it was said above, your opinion is the only one that matter here...

·
Registered
10 Posts
+1 for the factory silver wheels. Like someone else said, black wheels work best with light or bright colors.

·
Premium Member
2,455 Posts
The OP is asking for opinions not because he can't make up his mind without our learned input but rather he wants to read others views to obtain multiple perspectives on a wheel color choice that will aid him in his decision process. So let your opinions/advice fly.;)

·
Super Moderator
1,944 Posts
Dark wheels to make the car look darker and heavier--and less/no contrast with the tyres. Silver to make it look "silverier" and lighter and keep the wheels and tyres separate.

I like the silver.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
The OP is asking for opinions not because he can't make up his mind without our learned input but rather he wants to read others views to obtain multiple perspectives on a wheel color choice that will aid him in his decision process. So let your opinions/advice fly.;)

·
Registered
29 Posts
Keep the silver. They would disappear in Black

·
Registered
2017 718 Cayman S
246 Posts
I had the exact same question, but for Lava Orange. I wanted the black 20" Carrera wheels but since I live in Brooklyn and will track the car occasionally (no trailer/2nd car) the 19" made more sense for the roads here and tire availability. Was curious about suggestions people had of options other than gloss black that might work well.

Attachments

·
Registered
2017 718 Cayman S
246 Posts
@ OP, I think with the darker paint color your current silver rims look great, I'd leave them alone.

·
Registered
161 Posts
I just put on 20” ruger mesh wheels in gloss black. Considering TechArt springs but this is how black wheels look without them.

Attachments

1 - 18 of 18 Posts