Porsche 718 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I left my deposit on May 3rd & Im set for a late November/early December build with a mid January delivery in Toronto.

What is everyone else's allocations looking like?

I'll likely go exactly how the Miami Blue launch car looked (Mb/White Sport-tex)... (for now!). Might have a change of heart and go white exterior as well, but we'll see.

·
Registered
254 Posts
I haven't placed an order yet but this would be interesting to find out so I shall keep an eye on this thread lol

The Miami Blue had a pretty hefty price tag for the colour itself didn't it ?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I haven't placed an order yet but this would be interesting to find out so I shall keep an eye on this thread lol

The Miami Blue had a pretty hefty price tag for the colour itself didn't it ?
Correct, it is an extra $2950 here in Canada. Still unsure if I will go w/ it or not... we'll see!

·
Registered
254 Posts
It's definitely a hard choice ! Could potentially make resale value a good bit better because I'm sure a lot of people will opt out of paying that much extra for a colour

·
Registered
53 Posts
Color for me was easy...Lava Orange...yes I paid the extra $2500 for it

Order supposedly went in yesterday with a delivery mid December

But the dealer didn't have any allocations left and was going to use another dealers...not sure how that works

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Color for me was easy...Lava Orange...yes I paid the extra $2500 for it

Order supposedly went in yesterday with a delivery mid December

But the dealer didn't have any allocations left and was going to use another dealers...not sure how that works
Congrats! Interesting choice on colour! Love Lava!

I drove both the 718 Boxster and Boxster S today (back to back). I was SO impressed with the speed & handling... The S is a different animal, a total monster, quick as can be! The non S is just as fun and only slightly slower... What a blast though..Love these things!

·
Registered
53 Posts
Congrats! Interesting choice on colour! Love Lava!

I drove both the 718 Boxster and Boxster S today (back to back). I was SO impressed with the speed & handling... The S is a different animal, a total monster, quick as can be! The non S is just as fun and only slightly slower... What a blast though..Love these things!
I'm coming from a Z4 that had 225HP, so 300HP will be plenty! Couldn't justify the extra $12K for the S

·
Registered
53 Posts
Just got word that the build will be December with a Jan/Feb delivery

At first a was upset, but the car wont leave the garage until May ish anyway.

maybe since the payments will be delayed I can add an option? :)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hey Bull_Market,

My boss at home is going to get the Cayman too once her current lease is up....We test drove this couple weeks ago at the track, it was awesome. Cheerio!

·
Registered
1 Posts
My 718 Cayman will be completed the week of 10/24 with a promised delivery here in California "sometime in December." This will replace my current car, a 2007 Cayman, which is the best car I've ever owned. I'm 78 and owned quite a few sports cars in my life.

·
Registered
21 Posts
A bit off topic, but does anyone have the LED 4 point lights? Are they worth the extra cost?
Yes if you care about appearance of your car, it changes the front very significantly. Gives it a more impressive look.
I didn't want it thinking it is a too expensive an option, but then I saw one with and another one without ... I ordered mine with the LED.

·
Registered
34 Posts
PDLS xenon headlights do have 4 LED lights on each headlight module, so you do get the signature look without having to spring for the PDLS+ with the full LED headlight setup. I do like the 4 point LED look so I think I'd go for PDLS at a minimum. I ended up buying a car off the lot that had PDLS. PDLS+ was not high on my list. I think my money would go towards many other options first - performance and creature comforts in the cabin. Maybe if we can get the cool camera-controlled LED array headlights in the US I'd change my mind, though my wife's Mercedes has auto-high-beam headlights, and in my experience, it's not really all it's cracked up to be.

·
Registered
34 Posts
They use a camera to watch the road ahead and automatically raise the beam when it's dark. When it "sees" traffic ahead, it automatically lowers the beam.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts