Porsche 718 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,878 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Since you cant buy a Porsche with a Howitzer i had the idea to go All in when it comes to handling.
So with a bit of luck im gonna pick up a Cayman S on friday.
It has alot of goodies as S-pasm, ptv, SC, Power steering+, pdk and Sport Design package so hopefully Mooses not gonna be a problem ;)
There is no pdls or Connect+ but thats Ok and the interior is the same as the old one, Espresso and other minor things.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Sweet!!!

·
Registered
1,878 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Since its white i might get a discount at the washer ;)
And hopefully im not gonna miss to drive top down to much, i always got the old 986 if i feel an urge.

·
Registered
310 Posts
I must say, that carbon fiber interior looks sharp. Drive it in good health (for both you and any local mooses).

Reactions: johan

·
Registered
1,878 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I must say, that carbon fiber interior looks sharp. Drive it in good health (for both you and any local mooses).
On the other one i had the standard aluminium interior, wich in some cases could reflect the sun in a horrible way!
The first time that happend it took me by suprise, a smal error from Porsche imho.

·
Registered
388 Posts
Looks really good! Better luck with this one...

Reactions: johan

·
Registered
344 Posts
On the other one i had the standard aluminium interior, wich in some cases could reflect the sun in a horrible way!
The first time that happend it took me by suprise, a smal error from Porsche imho.
I am waiting on my 718 to be build but my dealer tells me the standard trim is aluminum but several owners claim it is plastic???

·
Registered
699 Posts
I am waiting on my 718 to be build but my dealer tells me the standard trim is aluminum but several owners claim it is plastic???
The standard trim is plastic and the coating is super reflective. In short: it sucks. I wouldn't buy a 718 without some kind of upgraded interior trim...

·
Registered
310 Posts
The standard trim is plastic and the coating is super reflective. In short: it sucks.
I don't know if I would go quite that far, however, the standard trim is quite reflective. Had I known that at the time I was ordering my car I would have opted for the brushed aluminum interior trim. I've had that in other cars and it tends to diffuse the light rather than merely reflect it, so it would be an effective alternative.

·
Registered
699 Posts
Another thing to consider is that with any full leather interior combo you also get door trim in addition to the console and dash trim. Which means if you end up wanting to change it later on (which is not difficult to do) it gets quite pricey.

·
Registered
344 Posts
The standard trim is plastic and the coating is super reflective. In short: it sucks. I wouldn't buy a 718 without some kind of upgraded interior trim...
Good to know - I'll probably add the brushed aluminum trim upgrade to my build.

·
Registered
716 Posts
I don't know if I would go quite that far, however, the standard trim is quite reflective. Had I known that at the time I was ordering my car I would have opted for the brushed aluminum interior trim. I've had that in other cars and it tends to diffuse the light rather than merely reflect it, so it would be an effective alternative.
I've got the standard trim. It is very nice IMO. The only issue is as stated above it reflects the sun at certain angles. But that is only about 1% of the time. Otherwise it is fine.

·
Super Moderator
1,941 Posts
I've got the standard trim. It is very nice IMO. The only issue is as stated above it reflects the sun at certain angles. But that is only about 1% of the time. Otherwise it is fine.
Yes, this.
In 6000+ Km--mostly in the bright Australian sun, with the top down--I've had one flash of reflection.

Of course YMMV.

·
Registered
1,878 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
It could be that because the sun is pretty low in Sweden this time of year i became worse.
For me it happend atleast once per day.

·
Registered
1,878 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 · (Edited)
A small update on things.
First the Sport design package, it look way better irl then on pictures.
Especially the front lip/diffusor, the rear part sits pretty low so you dont realy see it.

S-Pasm, i had my thoughts about it being to hard, Nope!
Not as smooth as the Pasm but its not far from it.
Im hooked so if i ever gonna change car the new got to have S-pasm!

The interior, Saddle Brown (Saddle Tan i Sweden) not as Whooao as Espresso and you dont get leather smell in the same way.
But i realy like the color cause its a bit faded compared to Espresso.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts