Votes: 3 60.0%
  • Adaptive cruise, Sport Chrono, 19” wheels

Votes: 2 40.0%
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Going to go look at two 718BS tomorrow, similarly priced but equipped differently:

Both cars have pcm, Porsche connect, lca, Bose, pdls, 14-way seats, pdk

Thoughts?

Rippey

·
Registered
87 Posts
So what's different between them?

Can you tell us the dealer, so we can see the cars and let you know our thoughts?

It would be great if one was a manual, so you could really compare the two.

·
Super Moderator
1,941 Posts
The heated steering wheel is nice if your hands get cold.
The sport exhaust makes everything louder (but not better IMO) if loud is your thing.
The 20" wheels look good but ride hard.
Adaptive cruise control (I've never tried it.) should be good on highways etc.
Sport chrono itself is a toy that I probably would use only a few times and then never touch but comes with adaptive suspension, sport plus mode, and some custom mode tailoring.
19" wheels ride softer.

It's up to you what you'd like and the conditions in which you drive (as if you didn't know that :) ) but I'd be going for no. 2.

·
Super Moderator
1,941 Posts
I like a nice pair of black leather driving gloves.:cool: But heated wheel would definitely be nice if I lived in a cold climate and drove top-down in winter like I do here.
I prefer brown gloves in nice soft deer hide--I got fingerless so I could use the touch screen. And even though we only get frosts once or twice a year, and the daytime temperature rarely drops below 10°C, the heating is nice on the short drive to the gym in the early morning when I can't be bothered with the gloves.:laugh:

In general though, the gloves are great and are highly addictive for consistent feel on the wheel.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I wound up getting #2

Pictures shortly

Rippey
2017 Boxster S, White/Black, PDK, ACC w/PAS, SC, PLDS+, ClearBra, Bose
2016 Mini Countryman JCW, Black/Red

·
892 Posts
The heated steering wheel is nice if your hands get cold.
The sport exhaust makes everything louder (but not better IMO) if loud is your thing.
The 20" wheels look good but ride hard.
Adaptive cruise control (I've never tried it.) should be good on highways etc.
Sport chrono itself is a toy that I probably would use only a few times and then never touch but comes with adaptive suspension, sport plus mode, and some custom mode tailoring.
19" wheels ride softer.

It's up to you what you'd like and the conditions in which you drive (as if you didn't know that :) ) but I'd be going for no. 2.
The heated steering wheel just happens to come as part & parcel of the multifunction wheel, or at least it does in the U.K. I personally wouldn't order it specifically if it were not, but then I very rarely get cold hands. The GT sport multifunction wheel itself is really good though.
I like the sound of the sports exhaust on the S & at least if fitted you have the option to have it either throaty or can switch back to slightly boring mode (just my personal opinion). Without it you don't have any option but the latter.
Adaptive cruise control is fantastic & I'd definitely order it again.
Sports Chrono comes with dynamic transmission mounts & not adaptive/active suspension. That's a completely separate option. It's certainly not just a toy (no more than the car itself is anyway) & again I'd always specify it because it makes the car far more of a pleasure to drive due to the fact you can dial in more sport/performance orientated vehicle settings (whoever would have thought of something so outlandish in a SPORTS car eh?) But then I suppose if you don't have it fitted you'll fail to realise just what you're missing. I've never owned a Porsche without it, though the launch control aspect on a PDK equipped car I find to be rather pointless.
19 inch wheels ride softer & of that there is no doubt, but if you have the separate option of active suspension which I happen to also have, then even on the bumpy roads where I live I find the ride with 20 inch wheels to be perfectly comfortable. Again I've had the active suspension on every Porsche I've owned & even with the 20 inch wheels on this & my previous car they ride far better than any Audi of any description I've been in & between my wife & I we've owned quite a few (all of which had smaller wheels than my last two Porsches). I'd have real difficulty picking between either of the two choices because the only thing I don't have is the smaller wheels & wouldn't actually want to dispense with anything that I do have, which is everything else. :D

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Here is #2 in my garage. Thanks All for your input and advice. Such a great ride, going to enjoy having a p-car.

Rippey

Attachments

Reactions: Furbish
1 - 8 of 8 Posts