Porsche 718 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dears:
So im basically a new member and I just ordered my White base Cayman however theres no question on changing the actual color of the car because I really want it white, but some contrast colors are the issue where I dont know whether to choose between Guards Red ... Dials, Sportchrono Watch, Seatbelts ... Or Racing Yellow “””””
Keep in mind I will change the caliper color based on the colors im going to choose. Help needed since Ive never seen either in Real life.

attached are the configuration photos to make it simple

Attachments

·
Registered
2021 Boxster PDK
74 Posts
Can you change the color of the calipers on a Base Cayman? I wanted to go with Red on a Base Boxster, but didn't see that as an option.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Its not an option but your local dealer can paint them for you just so you don’t avoid warranty at least thats what my dealer told me

·
Registered
8 Posts
Its not an option but your local dealer can paint them for you just so you don’t avoid warranty at least thats what my dealer told me
That's interesting to know. I wonder if UK dealers also offer that option? I'll speak with them when we finally get to meet face to face (COVID..!!)

·
Registered
698 Posts
I would go red. Not only is white, red, black a classic colour combo, they also happen to be the three primary Porsche Motorsport colours. Have a look at my garage (Showcase items under my profile) to see pics of my car in this combination (no red dials though, as mine has deviated stitching and Sport Tex seats with red stripes).

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I would go red. Not only is white, red, black a classic colour combo, they alsy happen to be the three primary Porsche Motorsport colours. Have a look at my garage (Showcase items under my profile) to see pics of my car in this combination (no red dials though, as mine has deviated stitching and Sport Tex seats with red stripes).
Sick car bro love it congrats... So far i decided on yellow since its unique plus it gives the race touch and like the dials look a bit better in yellow honestly

·
Registered
29 Posts
I agree with white red and black. Will look good. Instruments and.seat belts in red are nice. Regret that I did not Choose them.
But I prefer Seats with red and black instead of full interior in red.
Good luck

·
Registered
337 Posts
I wanted the dealership to paint my callipers but was told it would invalidate the warranty so I left them as is. It’s a bit crap that they don’t paint them black as standard and fully understand that red callipers are a part of the S. saying that though I’ve ceramic coasted my anodised callipers as they seem to be keeping their colour well. Let’s hope they don’t go a horrible colour later down the line.

·
Registered
2021 Porsche Cayman GT4
27 Posts
Dears:
So im basically a new member and I just ordered my White base Cayman however theres no question on changing the actual color of the car because I really want it white, but some contrast colors are the issue where I dont know whether to choose between Guards Red ... Dials, Sportchrono Watch, Seatbelts ... Or Racing Yellow “””””
Keep in mind I will change the caliper color based on the colors im going to choose. Help needed since Ive never seen either in Real life.

Dears:

Hello,
White is a very clean look. Black gloss rims with red calipers would be my choice with a white exterior. The red dials and red seat belts is a nice accent to the black interior. You may want to consider having the interior trim in white. I think that would look cool. Also,
add black floor mats with Porsche script in red for some additional color accent. Finish the car with a medium window tint all around except the windshield of course. One last thing, add a black license plate frame for the rear plate. No front plate if you can.
Enjoy your car!

·
Registered
100 Posts
I wanted the dealership to paint my callipers but was told it would invalidate the warranty so I left them as is. It’s a bit crap that they don’t paint them black as standard and fully understand that red callipers are a part of the S. saying that though I’ve ceramic coasted my anodised callipers as they seem to be keeping their colour well. Let’s hope they don’t go a horrible colour later down the line.
My brother asked about getting the brake Calipers Ceramic Coated on his 2020 718 S and the Porsche Dealer (Cardiff) said that would invalidate the warranty. I have no idea why that would be the case, doesn't make a lot of sense.

·
Registered
2021 Cayman GTS 4.0
548 Posts
Dump the colored dials (IMO). My pref is two-tone beige leather w/ carbon fiber if you want some custom color. PCCB brakes not worth it unless you plan to track it.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I went with gloss black door handles and rear spoiler on my GT Silver to match black side vents and break up all the silver

1 - 13 of 13 Posts