Porsche 718 Forum banner

101 - 116 of 116 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Cayman GTS
102 Posts
I collect watches as well. However, I only buy a new nice watch that represents a significant event in my life (I have a variety of daily watches, but these guys mean a lot to me). I do this because it helps me to remember that event and time in my life. I know this thread is for mechanical watches, and two of the three below are.

Left to right:

Seiko Arctura Kinetic: First "big boy" watch that I bought when I graduated college and accepted a job offer to work for Northrup Grumman in 2001. I wear this watch often, and you can tell it has miles on it. I've actually ran over this watch twice, and it's still kicking.

Tag Heuer Carrera: I bought this one when I accepted a position to work for Microsoft in 2018. LOOOOOOVE this watch, and I usually wear it when I travel to customer sites. Since I'm working from home it's just kind of relaxing for bit. Hence why it's showing SUN 26. :)

Hamilton Khaki Aviation: Not an auto, but has significant meaning and is a fairly expensive watch. When my son graduated high school he asked for his first "big boy" watch, but said he wanted to get one with his dad. So, after graduation last year we got the same watch but in the color / style that fit our unique style. This is my current daily.

·
Registered
469 Posts
I collect watches as well. However, I only buy a new nice watch that represents a significant event in my life (I have a variety of daily watches, but these guys mean a lot to me). I do this because it helps me to remember that event and time in my life. I know this thread is for mechanical watches, and two of the three below are.

Left to right:

Seiko Arctura Kinetic: First "big boy" watch that I bought when I graduated college and accepted a job offer to work for Northrup Grumman in 2001. I wear this watch often, and you can tell it has miles on it. I've actually ran over this watch twice, and it's still kicking.

Tag Heuer Carrera: I bought this one when I accepted a position to work for Microsoft in 2018. LOOOOOOVE this watch, and I usually wear it when I travel to customer sites. Since I'm working from home it's just kind of relaxing for bit. Hence why it's showing SUN 26. :)

Hamilton Khaki Aviation: Not an auto, but has significant meaning and is a fairly expensive watch. When my son graduated high school he asked for his first "big boy" watch, but said he wanted to get one with his dad. So, after graduation last year we got the same watch but in the color / style that fit our unique style. This is my current daily.

View attachment 26529
I like this. I bought my first 'serious' watch, a Tag Heuer Kirium, as a 30th Birthday present for myself; then for my 40th I upgraded my home stereo system (although I tend to do this every seven or so anyway); for my 50th (sort of) I bought the 911 Carrera T.

Before I bought the Kirium the longest a watch had lasted on my wrist was 2 years before it broke. I still have the Kirium and it has never missed a beat and still looks fantastic. I haven't worn it for a couple of years though as I have a Garmin 735XT as my daily and running watch. In the last few years though I have been thinking about a Tudor North Face, but it would be a real luxury splurge that I just can't justify right now.

·
Registered
762 Posts

·
Registered
2019 718 Cayman - Manual, PTV, PASM, Sport Chrono
29 Posts
I'll play! I've got quite the watch addiction, mostly mechanical, but also some haq, spring drive, and the obligatory couple of gshocks for good measure...

Here's a few favorites.

101 - 116 of 116 Posts