Porsche 718 Forum banner
21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
157 Posts
I consulted the board on interior color combinations once I locked on to Miami Blue as the paint color. This board helped steer me away from a graphite blue interior, and from a bordeaux interior that I knew in my gut was a bad combo but badly wanted it to work.
Bordeaux is tricky! I just got my bolster covers in the mail in Bordeaux and I'm finally seeing the color in person for the first time since before COVID. It is different than what you see in videos and pictures.

I'm still glad I"m getting it with GT Silver, but I think with most other colors it's a tough thing to make work IMO.

·
Premium Member
85 Posts
I reckon it’s as much about sharing the excitement of ordering a new car than genuinely looking for advice from strangers. This is a safe place to do that where you don‘t run the risk of being seen as a show off.
OMGOSH YES!! i tried to talk about my 718 questions and bouncing off ideas and asking opinions about color and style. I have gotten such violence and grumpiness, what a bad idea to talk about $75,000+ items to anyone, ANYONE outside of this forum. For me at least.

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
I was merely a lurker before purchasing our CPO 2017 BS. MY mistake, as I should have asked our Forum pointed questions regarding tracking issues and options. Our BS was fantastic, but a GTS with all the right performance options (LSD, no limp mode, etc.) would have been perfect. Thus, I'd still be one happy clam without the Waiters Club frustration.

On the flip side, I'm educated and now get to agonize over a GTS build, but only with respect to aesthetics and flair. We instinctively love all our children, so what could possibly go wrong.

·
Registered
2021 718 Cayman GTS 4.0
118 Posts
It can be a bit intimidating spending this much money on a vehicle. Trying to get as much info as possible just makes good sense, because there may be things you don't realize about the choices you prefer that would make you cross them off your list if you did know.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts