Porsche 718 Forum banner

21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
If this guy is just a troll then he is certainly doing his job as all of his posts stir up negative emotions in others. If he is not a troll and these posts are genuine then he is just a strange guy.
Well said... I don't see the value that he espouses exist in his posts, but I suppose the forum moderators must given he is still here posting the same argumentative posts day after day. 🤦‍♂️

·
Registered
2021 Cayman GTS 4.0
574 Posts
I think the majority here bought new so can manage a bit more up-front cost. It is the peeps who struggle to buy a used 10yo Porsche (like you might see on Reddit) that may be deluding themselves on the affordability of the "Porsche Tax".

·
Registered
62 Posts
Ahh the Wolfe is back again posting abrasive and rambling comments. If this guy is just a troll then he is certainly doing his job as all of his posts stir up negative emotions in others. If he is not a troll and these posts are genuine then he is just a strange guy. Nonetheless, like rubberneckers passing the scene of an accident I find that I cant simply look away from his posts, and even though I know what I should expect I am still surprised by the unrelenting harshness of his posts.
I had to unignore him to see what he was posting to get such a diverse set of responses. I shouldn't have fallen victim of my curiousity. Looks like typical pot stirring he's famous for. 🤣

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
I had to unignore him to see what he was posting to get such a diverse set of responses. I shouldn't have fallen victim of my curiousity. Looks like typical pot stirring he's famous for. 🤣
Should not criticize somebody for a fault that you have yourself in steering the pot right now. 🤣

·
Registered
22 Posts
When I had M cars I felt like there was a tax on the parts. When I had a GT-R there was a bigger tax on the parts. I have been buying parts for my inbound GT4 and they are also expensive. Expensive cars that are built in smaller quantities will have higher prices for several reasons. Only wealthy people can buy these cars and they do not care as much about the cost of parts. These cars are made in smaller quantities so you have to charge more to recoup the development costs for parts you sell. Owners of premium cars expect higher quality and better materials which cost more to manufacture. There are a limited number of quality manufacturers building these parts so there is less competition in the marketplace.

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
I was on Rennlist looking thru the 911 Turbo threads and came upon a thread started by someone asking "are these cars expensive to maintain". I guess you can imagine the responses. The reality is "expensive" is a relative term.

·
Registered
476 Posts
I always tell people “Porsches are great sports cars” because they are easy to get repaired, relatively cheap and easy to live with. Hmm...did I do something wrong?

·
Registered
62 Posts
Owners of premium cars expect higher quality and better materials which cost more to manufacture. There are a limited number of quality manufacturers building these parts so there is less competition in the marketplace.
Except, even when a Porsche part is really a VW part, there is price jacking. Literally the same thing with just a Porsche logo vs a VW logo on it.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Using OEM parts or slightly used parts from wrecked cars, you may save a lot of money if you want to take that route.
View attachment 31454
This!^^

Obviously there are parts you will only be able to get from Porsche directly but the so called "consumables" you can get for decent price with same quality directly from the manufacturer (oil, filters, brakes, clutch, suspension, tires, drive shafts, bushing, bearings, etc...).
Another thing is that labor in Porsche dealer is very high.

If you manage somehow these two variables, Porsche can be quite affordable to maintain.

·
Registered
2019 718 Cayman
1 Posts
If not drawn to Porsche by exceptional quality, rarity and an element of mystique, at the price those command then why are you interested in the marque? Not trying to be cocky or pretentious, but people like Porsche for some of those reasons, I think.

21 - 31 of 31 Posts