Porsche 718 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, I have been very supportive of all the changes and like the new look. I will however, respectively say, that the new widescreen look has shifted all the threads to the far left side of the screen, because of the ads and info that exists on the right side of the screen. I feel now like I'm hanging out here on the left side of my widescreen monitor :p

·
Registered
171 Posts
I like this layout. Ads being on the far right are not distracting from the stuff I am interested in, the raison d'être of this entire thing, the forum postings. Ooops! Shouldn't have said that. Now the ads will get moved to the left where they will annoyingly get more attention because that's where the eye naturally lands.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I like this layout. Ads being on the far right are not distracting from the stuff I am interested in, the raison d'être of this entire thing, the forum postings. Ooops! Shouldn't have said that. Now the ads will get moved to the left where they will annoyingly get more attention because that's where the eye naturally lands.
The ads themselves don't bother me, it was the thread listings being pushed to the far left of the screen. I'll live, not an earth shattering problem ;)

·
Registered
171 Posts
The ads themselves don't bother me, it was the thread listings being pushed to the far left of the screen. I'll live, not an earth shattering problem ;)
Actually, advertising is a major and annoying problem. Advertising is too intrusive and unbiqutous. Between the telephone, email, postal mail, frequent TV interruptions, pop up/drop downs ads, annoying noisy airplanes flying banners at the beach, restaurant place mats, gas pumps TV screens, airplane seat back tv screens, and literally everything that can get ones attention advertising is ultra annoying. I use BBC news regularly because my old standby CNN.com continuously pushes ads down my throat. On more than one occassion I have purchased an alternate major product because the advertising pissed me off. Sorry but thanks for the oppurtunity to get that off my chest.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Actually, advertising is a major and annoying problem.
I was actually referring to the ads on "this" site, which being out on the right of the screen are less bothersome to me. Other sites I frequent have advertising that drives me crazy, especially the ones that employ large ads that are across the screen left to right and occupy about a 1/3 of the screen height. Compared to many, this site is fine. YMMV

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
About this Discussion
5 Replies
3 Participants
antennahead
Porsche 718 Forum
718 Forum is the largest Porsche 718 Boxster and Cayman community. Join now to discuss modifications, exhaust, tires and more!
Full Forum Listing