Porsche 718 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 51 Posts

· Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
about to purchase Cayman 718 GTS 2.5. with Bucket Seat. Seeing everyone stating its not easy getting in and out of the LWBS.. Is it really that bad.?

Also owners with LWBS. how the road trip on it.. Was planning to fly out and drive back. around 1200 mile. The last thing I want is my wife bitch and moan on 1200 mile road trip back.

or I will ship it back.

· Registered
9 Posts
about to purchase Cayman 718 GTS 2.5. with Bucket Seat. Seeing everyone stating its not easy getting in and out of the LWBS.. Is it really that bad.?

Also owners with LWBS. how the road trip on it.. Was planning to fly out and drive back. around 1200 mile. The last thing I want is my wife bitch and moan on 1200 mile road trip back.

or I will ship it back.
I would definitely find some to sit in before buying a car with them if you have concern. Some people really love them, other people hate them. Only you and/or your wife will be able to decide if they're right for you or not. I'm sure somebody in your local market has some they'll let you sit in, especially if you bring beer/wine. If the car will see a fair amount of track time, they're worth it. If it's going to be more of a sunday cruiser/daily driver then I advise against it, the 18 way is my preference for a lot of seat time.

· Registered
4,315 Posts

or I will ship it back.
They are great for some, but not others. Only your hair dresser knows for sure, so save your marriage and try them before buying.

· Registered
97 Posts
Sat in LWBS at Indy Porsche fest. Not for me, but I'm 65, a bit above ideal weight and have stiff joints.

My suggestion would be to leave the wife at home. My wife hates 18 way seats in 718 but likes 14 way in Macan. I listened to her bitching for 10 months while we were waiting on the Macan. She refuses to ride in the 718 now that we have the Macan.

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

· Registered
2.0 Cayman PDK
360 Posts
They’re not very adjustable (wrong angle for me) so it’s depends entirely whether SWMBO is LWBS shaped, or not? She’ll either love them or hate them, there’s no middle ground!

Reactions: RobertM

· Premium Member
1,256 Posts

or I will ship it back.
All of my passengers are various women and all find them incredibly comfortable. Not just decent, like super comfy and relaxing to ride in :D

Goth chix approve

· Registered
2022 Cayman GTS 4.0 6-speed
1,316 Posts

or I will ship it back.
Here's about the 10th suggestion that you and your wife try them first. Where are you located? If within 100 miles of Washington DC, you are welcome to try mine.

My experience - my wife and I are both mid 60's, I'm 5'7"/155#, she's 5'/105# - is that they are not difficult for us to get in and out of. Once in them, the comfort is very good- especially since replacing the OEM cushions with P1 Design w/ memory foam and inflatable lumbar support. We've done several 200 mile drives and one 600 mile weekend so far. The highway comfort was equal to my former 18 ways, the lateral support for winding roads ia much better. Interestingly, the non-adjustable seatback angle has improved my driving posture compared to how I used to lean back more in my 18 ways and, as a result, my back feels better now in the LWBS.

But you have heard from others that, for whatever reason, find entry and exit difficult or the seats not as comfortable as standard seats. So do yourself a favor and try to find some LWBS to try out. If I'm close enough to help, please PM me.

Good luck.

· Registered
2018, GTS, PDK
1,379 Posts

or I will ship it back.

tbh, had mine - without those seats and Mrs Sub still not gotten into it !
She not overly keen on how low it is compared with her SUV.
Hey, ho - maybe when the weather gets a little better she may, although she did say the same last year :):cool:

· Registered
787 Posts

or I will ship it back.
I think so, they are uncomfortable for long trips. Hard to twist in them and change position. Yeah if taking her on a long trip is important, yeah that can be asking a lot on such a long trip. You can easily pick up normal passenger seat and swap it out too and just have the bucket for the driver too. I see seats on sale all the time. I bought a car in Ontario Canada and drove it with my family to San Diego, about 3500 miles. It had regular comfortable seats and my daughter still gives me a little grief every now and then about it. Kudos for thinking about her too! (y)

· Premium Member
1,256 Posts
if they exercise and remain in shape, they are very comfortable. just have to say that. sounds mean, but it is true. most comfortable seat my passengers claim. Very good on longer trips of 100+ miles.

if they have trouble getting out of a seat or off the ground, that sort of issue, and it is not a convertible, it might be hard to handle.

· Premium Member
2,177 Posts
I don't know of one wife in out local PCA that likes LWBS. I know I don't like them either. Great for track but not for street use IMO unless you're 20 something. If you're getting a good deal on a build you like, get the car without your better half and swap out the seats once it's in your stable. You can easily find a buyer for the LWBS or maybe do a swap with someone that wants them but has regular buckets for your interior. The other option is to have the dealer, if that's who has the car, swap them. Put the LWBS up for sale here or in other forums to recover the cost of the new seats. They probably won't last long on the market. Other option is to keep looking.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts