Porsche 718 Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Two more stupid questions:
1) My friend says I need to install Zunsport grilles to protect my front radiators. Why are the radiators on my $100K toy not protected?
2) It's a hassle having the windows come up when I put my top down. How can I arrange to have the windows go down with my top?
All assistance welcomed.

·
Registered
347 Posts
on the GT4 and Spyder models, they are fitted with front grille screens on those models.

On the other models, and particularly GTS trim, the a/c condensers are exposed with those wide open lower vents.

Get a stone bouncing up and it will pierce a hole in those tubes - bad decision to omit them when clearly its susceptible to damage which is costly to repair

·
Registered
2021 718 Cayman GTS 4.0
819 Posts
While Zunsports are high quality and effective (I have them on my GTS), they are on the expensive side. There are other manufacturers or you can make your own out of gutter mesh. I did that for my 981. Lots of threads on radiator screens on the forums.

·
Registered
884 Posts
1) My friend says I need to install Zunsport grilles to protect my front radiators. Why are the radiators on my $100K toy not protected?
2) It's a hassle having the windows come up when I put my top down. How can I arrange to have the windows go down with my top?
All assistance welcomed.
Smart Top programmer will also allow your choice of window positions when the roof is down, you can also remotely open and close using the fob

Cheers ALB

·
Registered
23 Posts
Fitted the outer grills to my base Boxster a couple of days ago, the fitting instructions say protect the paint with tape but I just found this got trapped and it was quite easy to fit them without damaging the paintwork. I did need to press pretty hard on the grill to get the inner clip to locate properly, they look pretty good although they don’t fit flush against the plastic at a couple of places, this isn’t a problem and only a pedant like me 😉 would notice when fitting and it’s not noticeable once they are fitted.
Great product, from what to me is a local company and I collected from their office as I wanted them the same day.
I would not normally bother with bits like this and have run loads of motorcycles with more exposed radiators with no protection but decided these are worthwhile considering the cost of parts and labour involved in replacing or repairing a Porsche rad. and I think they look pretty neat.

·
Registered
4 Posts
All assistance welcomed.

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
You forget that for us in the UK need to pay import tax and shipping which is quite expensive thus pushing the cost to almost double the price of what the actual product is.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts