Porsche 718 Forum banner

would I race my Porsche 718 S against his 2021 Corvette

3K views 16 replies 12 participants last post by  Letspik 
#1 ·
A friend asks me if I would race my Porsche 718 S against his 2021 Corvette at the track I said no because I know his vehicle is much faster. He kept insisting and not give up I finally said yes to get him off my back. It took the Corvette less than 3 seconds from 0-60 mph and 11.4 quarter mile. My Porsche ran 3.8 seconds and 12.4 seconds quarter mile I was about a second off on each one. To be honest I was complete surprised how close I was against his Corvette. Not bad at all for a 718 Porsche S. Afterwards I Told him I was glad I made the decision to purchase a Porsche and not a Corvette even though the Corvette is a great poor man’s super copy Porsche mid-engine car for the low price. He said if the Corvette had a Porsche label it would be price over $100,000. I could not argue with that statement.

#7 ·
Just today a dude in a highly modified mustang pulled beside me at a red light with a long way to the next one. He looked over and rolled his window down and asked if I wanted to go. Told him no thanks, only got 2.0L here. He thumbed up and moved on gracefully. Gotta know which battles to pick sometimes. But, it was good for you to get some comparison in track conditions it sounds like..

#10 ·
When you said “race at the track” I assumed you meant a track, with turns - vs a drag strip. Both can be fun, but the Cayman is never going to be a drag strip monster, it is however very agile and quick around the corners - the contest with a C8 would be much closer (and unless the driver of the C8 is highly skilled, you would likely win)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.