Porsche 718 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

· Registered
1,213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm delighted my only daughter and child was recently engaged. As typical, I want her to have the "best" wedding ever (within reason). She has driven the Porsche on a couple of occasions and really likes it. After a fun and memorable wedding I'm considering topping it off with them driving off in the car. I don't think it will be pompous given the crowd likely to attend, but just enough to cap off a great day of jubilation. I know pranksters lurk among her friends so the typical car decorations can be expected. My thinking is that they will "decorate" their car not realizing they will leave in mine. Since I haven't done this before, any advice would be helpful. Thanks, happy dad.

· Registered
62 Posts
I think it’s a great idea, but make sure their luggage will fit in the car. And rather than having guests pelt your car with rice as the newlyweds make their escape, perhaps marshmallows would be a better idea.

· Registered
125 Posts
That would be a difficult decision for me. Just glad both of my daughters have already been married and I don't have to answer that question.

· Registered
120 Posts
I'm delighted my only daughter and child was recently engaged. As typical, I want her to have the "best" wedding ever (within reason). She has driven the Porsche on a couple of occasions and really likes it. After a fun and memorable wedding I'm considering topping it off with them driving off in the car. I don't think it will be pompous given the crowd likely to attend, but just enough to cap off a great day of jubilation. I know pranksters lurk among her friends so the typical car decorations can be expected. My thinking is that they will "decorate" their car not realizing they will leave in mine. Since I haven't done this before, any advice would be helpful. Thanks, happy dad.
A cool dad!

· Registered
718 GT4
150 Posts
I lent my Cayman to a friend to take his daughter to her Prom. Cost the princely sum of £12 to add him to my insurance for the day. They both had a blast. Knew the car would be safe in his hands... he drives a Volvo. ;)

· Registered
489 Posts
Absolutely go for it, after all, it’s a special day to be made as special as you can, enjoy ?

· Registered
137 Posts
Yes, I would...after all, it is just a car :) When I got married several years ago (like 25 years ago) my best friend let me borrow his brand new BMW 325i (manual) for a weekend getaway with my bride. It was a truly memorable experience (esp since I was driving a Honda Civic Si at the time) and there was mutual trust there and I returned the car in perfect condition.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.