Porsche 718 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was thinking, wouldn't it be unique if Porsche offered the option to receive a video of your car in the production phase as it is being assembled. I suspect this would be a relatively easy excercise for them as they probably currently have cameras over each of the assembly stations.
Given that most Porsche owners are a little obsessive, I suspect many would pay a reasonable sum to watch their baby be born.
As you are all my witnesses if Porsche uses this idea i need to get a royalty.
So how much would you pay???

·
Registered
311 Posts
Maybe this could be an option on the configurator. Since there are no options on the configurator below $100s I'm sure someone would check the box to have a video of their car in production. Yes--guilty as charged--I would check the box.:D

·
Registered
211 Posts
Maybe this could be an option on the configurator. Since there are no options on the configurator below $100s I'm sure someone would check the box to have a video of their car in production. Yes--guilty as charged--I would check the box.:D
There are some $0 options like the smokers package and the passenger side cargo net, so why not a $100 cost for a video of the baby being born? ($150 if it comes in a box matched to your car's color; $300 if the box is carbon fiber. ;))

I'd check the configurator box, too.

·
Registered
107 Posts
I would definitely pay for that. But obviously up to a certain degree. It'll definitely be the most expensive DVD I ever bought (people still use those right?) but heck, I'd watch it a lot more than I would like to admit haha!

·
Registered
716 Posts
I would probably get that option if it was $100 or less. I'd also like to know where it is every step of the trip from the factory to me as well. Perhaps alerts on your phone when certain things happen.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts