Porsche 718 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello There Guys & Gals,

I previously built, enjoyed, and sold a 2018 718 Cayman with a 6mt. I've since had 2 different sports cars, and I'd like to circle back to a 718 C GTS with a manual transmission. I would prefer to buy from a private enthusiast or forum member. If you're considering selling one in the $70-80k range, please send me a message here or text me. The ones I'm interested in that are currently listed on this forum, are either very slow to respond or are asking way too much.
Ideal build with be an Alcantara interior with full leather dash, Sport PASM, CarPlay, LCA, and not too flashy of a color. That being said, I am open to options. PDK is great, but I'm strictly looking for a manual.
I currently reside in the Palm Springs area.

Much Appreciated,

Cell (248) 417-0983

Registered
Hello There Guys & Gals,

I previously built, enjoyed, and sold a 2018 718 Cayman with a 6mt. I've since had 2 different sports cars, and I'd like to circle back to a 718 C GTS with a manual transmission. I would prefer to buy from a private enthusiast or forum member. If you're considering selling one in the $70-80k range, please send me a message here or text me. The ones I'm interested in that are currently listed on this forum, are either very slow to respond or are asking way too much.
Ideal build with be an Alcantara interior with full leather dash, Sport PASM, CarPlay, LCA, and not too flashy of a color. That being said, I am open to options. PDK is great, but I'm strictly looking for a manual.
I currently reside in the Palm Springs area.

Much Appreciated,

Cell (248) 417-0983
That is clearly a great car you are looking for. Based on having perused the used car market for a year + now, I'd say the market is unfortunately way too hot for said price range. After literally casting about for 2 month, losing out on the sale of 2 cars, I recently bought a 15K miles, 2018 manual base 718 with mt for 64K and considered myself lucky.

All the reasonable milage 2018 S' with mt were in the mid-high 70K range. Crazy, so I opted for a base to drive as a gap car until my GTS arrives.

It has plenty of HPs, is loads of fun. I just love! I may just ditch the 100K+ Boxster GTS and keep this. After all, it's all about the fun of driving, at least for me.

I actually liked the ones below a lot and think they are a reasonable price? I just didn't want to drop +80K for a gap car.

Good luck with your hunt, my friend!

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That is clearly a great car you are looking for. Based on having perused the used car market for a year + now, I'd say the market is unfortunately way too hot for said price range. After literally casting about for 2 month, losing out on the sale of 2 cars, I recently bought a 15K miles, 2018 manual base 718 with mt for 64K and considered myself lucky.

All the reasonable milage 2018 S' with mt were in the mid-high 70K range. Crazy, so I opted for a base to drive as a gap car until my GTS arrives.

It has plenty of HPs, is loads of fun. I just love! I may just ditch the 100K+ Boxster GTS and keep this. After all, it's all about the fun of driving, at least for me.

I actually liked the ones below a lot and think they are a reasonable price? I just didn't want to drop +80K for a gap car.

Good luck with your hunt, my friend!

Hi There,

I appreciate your response and your experience! Also, for an interim car, you had the right idea. Buying a more affordable variant that has a desirable spec (for immediate resale value) is a fiscally sound decision. Anyway, the base variant of the 718 (very different from the base 981) is a fun and satisfying sports car.
Also, congratulations on your upcoming 718 Boxster GTS 4.0! Killer car! Beautiful to look at, sound excellent, and very linear powerband.
As far as your thoughts on my price expectations, I'm pretty confident I can achieve that.
I also watch prices daily, it's actually something I've enjoyed doing for numerous years. I have enjoyed sports cars and keeping up to date with the market for so long, I turned it into a career. More specifically, I work for Porsche. I personally sold a 718 Boxster GTS in Chalk, high dollar build ($107k), below 12k miles, Porsche CPO, for $83k. This was 2 weeks ago... I won't get into the high dollar sport spec Cayman S that just sold last weekend, but I can assure you that my request is reasonable and realistic. Especially if I help make the transaction easy. For a perfect spec, I would spend a bit more than my requested price. Anyway, the closer we get to $90k, the closer I get to just building my own 718 Cayman GTS 4.0.
I would have to wait of course, like anyone else, but I'd have it in under 6 months. This is definitely a perk to the job, but since I already have an order placed for my wife's car, I figured one wait at a time is plenty...
As for the 982 C GTS I'm looking for, I'm also searching for a 997.2 C2S/C4S/GTS in manual transmission as well. I would pay higher or lower depending on which car I end up with, including spec and condition. The 982 GTS and 997.2 C2S are both at the top of the list considering my current taste. I'll find one and will be driving one by the end of this month (or at worst case scenario, first week of January).
If I can ever help advise you, look up your build, or check status, just text me... Till then, enjoy the current car, and relish the anticipation for the 4.0.

Thanks,

Emil

Reactions: araineyday

Registered
Hi There,

I appreciate your response and your experience! Also, for an interim car, you had the right idea. Buying a more affordable variant that has a desirable spec (for immediate resale value) is a fiscally sound decision. Anyway, the base variant of the 718 (very different from the base 981) is a fun and satisfying sports car.
Also, congratulations on your upcoming 718 Boxster GTS 4.0! Killer car! Beautiful to look at, sound excellent, and very linear powerband.
As far as your thoughts on my price expectations, I'm pretty confident I can achieve that.
I also watch prices daily, it's actually something I've enjoyed doing for numerous years. I have enjoyed sports cars and keeping up to date with the market for so long, I turned it into a career. More specifically, I work for Porsche. I personally sold a 718 Boxster GTS in Chalk, high dollar build ($107k), below 12k miles, Porsche CPO, for $83k. This was 2 weeks ago... I won't get into the high dollar sport spec Cayman S that just sold last weekend, but I can assure you that my request is reasonable and realistic. Especially if I help make the transaction easy. For a perfect spec, I would spend a bit more than my requested price. Anyway, the closer we get to $90k, the closer I get to just building my own 718 Cayman GTS 4.0.
I would have to wait of course, like anyone else, but I'd have it in under 6 months. This is definitely a perk to the job, but since I already have an order placed for my wife's car, I figured one wait at a time is plenty...
As for the 982 C GTS I'm looking for, I'm also searching for a 997.2 C2S/C4S/GTS in manual transmission as well. I would pay higher or lower depending on which car I end up with, including spec and condition. The 982 GTS and 997.2 C2S are both at the top of the list considering my current taste. I'll find one and will be driving one by the end of this month (or at worst case scenario, first week of January).
If I can ever help advise you, look up your build, or check status, just text me... Till then, enjoy the current car, and relish the anticipation for the 4.0.

Thanks,

Emil
Emil,
thanks for the expansive answer and points you make. I don't know if my interim car has any desired specs, except the ones I desired, which was the mt, basic seats, and the leather package. I do love the car and the mt - it drives great and I get to learn stick driving all over again at my riper age. Sounds like you are in the best of positions to know the prices and get good deals - congrats on that, btw. Wish I would have connected earlier with you, it probably would have helped my search. I'll take you up on your offer and will message / dm you. Best of luck on you car quest.

Cheers,
Peter

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.