Porsche 718 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I hope to find someone who has installed a Zunsport grill on a Cayman S 2023 and see a picture as well.

I looked on their website, and it does not specify the exact year it's compatible.
Link: https://www.zunsport.com/us/porsche-718-boxster-and-cayman-outer-grille-set-a?filter=329

I tried to install the RGS ones, but I ended up scratching some parts of the front bumper and messing up some of the condenser fins, which was very sad 😭
So I am returning and will probably lose the back-and-forth shipping cost.

I want to ensure the Zunsport works since this one is from the UK.
I appreciate the help!

· Premium Member
624 Posts
Recent thread I found helpful:

Reactions: _Liysa

· Registered
2017 Cayman S, APR, Ohlins, Center Radiator
326 Posts
This won’t help you now, but I installed the RGS front screens and really struggled with the first one. The instructions did not work. After over an hour I got the first one in, and the second took two minutes. I think it was something along the lines of: wide end of the screen first, as deep as it will go to slip the narrow end in, then slide to place. Sorry I cannot recall the exact sequence. There was also juggling the tie strips so they stay in place and don’t slip out. I have no ego so it doesn’t embarrass me to admit that this was a bit of a chore. And it caused me to abandon my planned DIY air filter replacement.

· Premium Member
624 Posts
This won’t help you now, but I installed the RGS front screens and really struggled with the first one. The instructions did not work. After over an hour I got the first one in, and the second took two minutes. I think it was something along the lines of: wide end of the screen first, as deep as it will go to slip the narrow end in, then slide to place. Sorry I cannot recall the exact sequence. There was also juggling the tie strips so they stay in place and don’t slip out. I have no ego so it doesn’t embarrass me to admit that this was a bit of a chore. And it caused me to abandon my planned DIY air filter replacement.
Doing some research, Zunsport Looks the most DIY friendly

Reactions: Gusbubs

· Premium Member
2019 base Cayman
2,163 Posts
I ordered the set. Thank you for the help!
Don't forget to use a little masking tape to keep from scratching the paint. Get the screens in place and take off the tape before securing them. It's not easy removing the tape after they are locked in.

Reactions: _Liysa and BobS

· Registered
813 Posts
Don't forget to use a little masking tape to keep from scratching the paint. Get the screens in place and take off the tape before securing them. It's not easy removing the tape after they are locked in.
I didn’t use any tape only because the whole car has PPF applied. Just using paper is actually easier though. Get the one side in and in position, put a piece of printer paper that’s been trimmed down in position and push the other side into place, then pull out the printer paper.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts